What kind of cow is this?

Help Support CattleToday:

My guess would be a little white, a little black and a little Jersey to give her the pointy head and doe eyes.

Tomcolvin":2fxvgqgy said:
https://i.postimg.cc/V6PFHJwm/4797-F249-42-E1-4336-867-C-1-AA3592-A7967.jpg

What kind of cow is this? If it don't post, I give up.
It did

The reason I'm asking is that a guy has offered to sell as such: the brown white red he says is charolais. The black one is her calf from a black angus. I'm not sure if the angus bull was full blooded because I never saw him. Both of these cows are to calve in March this year he says. Asking $1500 for the pair. I am changing out some dairy cows and replacing with something else, hoping to be a little better. Learning a little but needing to know a lot. They look good up close and are very gentle, like letting you walk up to them pretty close. They look healthy and good to me . Any ideas or advice appreciated.appreciated. Thanks

Mother (charolais cow) is about 4-1/2 years old. Black charolais/ angus cross is about 20-21 months. Both are with calf due this March 2019

Tomcolvin":3sraulg0 said:
The reason I'm asking is that a guy has offered to sell as such: the brown white red he says is charolais. The black one is her calf from a black angus. I'm not sure if the angus bull was full blooded because I never saw him. Both of these cows are to calve in March this year he says. Asking $1500 for the pair. I am changing out some dairy cows and replacing with something else, hoping to be a little better. Learning a little but needing to know a lot. They look good up close and are very gentle, like letting you walk up to them pretty close. They look healthy and good to me . Any ideas or advice appreciated.appreciated. Thanks
biggest problem I see with em is 1500 dollars...is he a motivated seller?

Ok, I submitted this but it didn't post on was taken down. Whatever it doesn't matter now. The guy that has the two cows shown I the the pics that can be opened belong to a guy selling them. He is asking $1500.00 for the pair. Both are to calve in March 2019. The charolais cow is the mother of the black cow. I am replacing some dairy cattle and thought these two would be better than my Holstein and jersey cross cows for starters. I know a little but need to learn a lot more. I am asking for thoughts on the process to continuing to purchase these two cows. I respect your opinions and would love to here your input. Thanks

Ok now one hour or more I see my first post. I'm not sure what a motivated seller is but he is a guy that has started selling off his vows and started to buying beef cows to fatten and sell for butchering. He had some pretty calves, black baldies, red angus and black angus he is fattening up. They are about 6-7 months old now and at about 400-500 pounds- I think the guy is a straight shooter, just not sure of the price. Both cows will be calving in March he says.

Tomcolvin":1e9ywe2d said:
Ok, I submitted this but it didn't post on was taken down. Whatever it doesn't matter now. The guy that has the two cows shown I the the pics that can be opened belong to a guy selling them. He is asking $1500.00 for the pair. Both are to calve in March 2019. The charolais cow is the mother of the black cow. I am replacing some dairy cattle and thought these two would be better than my Holstein and jersey cross cows for starters. I know a little but need to learn a lot more. I am asking for thoughts on the process to continuing to purchase these two cows. I respect your opinions and would love to here your input. Thanks
If you need cows and they are bred that's not a bad price. They can almost pay for their self with the first calf.

Tomcolvin":4sd8prfe said:
Ok now one hour or more I see my first post. I'm not sure what a motivated seller is but he is a guy that has started selling off his cows and started to buying beef calves to fatten and sell for butchering. He had some pretty calves, black baldies, red angus and black angus he is fattening up. They are about 6-7 months old now and at about 400-500 pounds plus. I think the guy is a straight shooter, just not sure of the price. Both cows will be calving in March he says.

Thanks for all your input and comments. I look at and put every comment in my mixer (brain) and try to come out with what works for me. You are a great bunch to have and I really appreciate you. May all of you have a great 2019.

Tomcolvin":jrx1ucqm said:
Ok now one hour or more I see my first post. I'm not sure what a motivated seller is but he is a guy that has started selling off his vows and started to buying beef cows to fatten and sell for butchering. He had some pretty calves, black baldies, red angus and black angus he is fattening up. They are about 6-7 months old now and at about 400-500 pounds- I think the guy is a straight shooter, just not sure of the price. Both cows will be calving in March he says.
somebody that is willing to negotiate on the price...it's a buyers market right now..

Latest posts