What does your wife drive?

Help Support CattleToday:

I drive whatever I want to.... from my sporty little 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible to a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins with a trailer to a 2003 Kenworth W900. Automatic or Manual, no difference to me. When I was growing up I thought the boys had WAY neater toys and I was a heckuva tomboy. Still am and don't think twice about it.... Learned to drive a stick shift at age 12, drove grain trucks, potato trucks, tractors and combines. Just gotta learn to use the skidsteer!!
My daily driver though, is a Toyota Tacoma 4x4 pickup. Small enough to be handy and pretty good on gas, yet big enough to haul feed and pick up parts.

Mercedes SL.
But she can drive anything we own.

Not that good of a dozer operator, tho.....sometimes I think she 'girls up' on purpose.....

LongLopeSlowHorse":3az459yd said:
..sometimes I think she 'girls up' on purpose.....
Mine does that with the full size JD but she drives the snot out o our 36 hp Kubota.

LongLopeSlowHorse":1u073igf said:
Mercedes SL.
But she can drive anything we own.

Not that good of a dozer operator, tho.....sometimes I think she 'girls up' on purpose.....

What year model is the dozer er SL?

Rafter S":2sdn5se2 said:
dun":2sdn5se2 said:
Mine also drives me crazy, does that count?

No. They all do that, and I don't know about you, but for me it's a short trip.
For me it's not much of a drive, more like a putt!

For the last 16 yrs my wife has either drive an extended cab or 4 door truck most of the time diesel and either 3/4 or 1 ton
Stick or automatics
Now she drives a Jeep Wrangler 4 door or a Jeep Wrangler 2 door
She loves her jeep but would be just as happy with a crew cab dually
And for the a$$hole that says women drive cars
My mother is 86 and still drives an extended cab 4x4 pickup everyday
And in my 48 yrs I can only remember my mom owning 2 cars
My wife pulled trailers on a weekly if not daily basis everything from a 53' drop deck with a Peterbilt to a stock trailer hauling cattle every week before we moved to Florida
She has made several trips halfway across the US pulling a trailer by herself
So grow up and get out of your rathole and see what's in the world before you make asinine statements

True Grit Farms":13yp5t2s said:

EZ14, she drives a 4x4 flat bed dually grocery shopping, that is when I let her leave the house. But we're thinking her next vehicle is going to be a Carbon Cub.
im not saying they shouldn't know how to drive a truck i think they should know how to incase they ever have to im just talking about a everyday driver

Angus Cowman":1odxt1ij said:
For the last 16 yrs my wife has either drive an extended cab or 4 door truck most of the time diesel and either 3/4 or 1 ton
Stick or automatics
Now she drives a Jeep Wrangler 4 door or a Jeep Wrangler 2 door
She loves her jeep but would be just as happy with a crew cab dually
And for the a$$hole that says women drive cars
My mother is 86 and still drives an extended cab 4x4 pickup everyday
And in my 48 yrs I can only remember my mom owning 2 cars
My wife pulled trailers on a weekly if not daily basis everything from a 53' drop deck with a Peterbilt to a stock trailer hauling cattle every week before we moved to Florida
She has made several trips halfway across the US pulling a trailer by herself
So grow up and get out of your rathole and see what's in the world before you make asinine statements
Good morning to you to A$$HOLE

ez14":3ird3q7c said:
True Grit Farms":3ird3q7c said:

EZ14, she drives a 4x4 flat bed dually grocery shopping, that is when I let her leave the house. But we're thinking her next vehicle is going to be a Carbon Cub.
im not saying they shouldn't know how to drive a truck i think they should know how to incase they ever have to im just talking about a everyday driver

You don't understand EZ14, some ladies like to drive trucks. My wife drove a fish truck when she was 8 months pregnant 2,000+ miles a week. Don't think for a minute because their a girl they can't do something. Some of the these ladies are so tough they'll chew you up and use you for fish bait.

True Grit Farms":2c95ostf said:
ez14":2c95ostf said:
True Grit Farms":2c95ostf said:

You don't understand EZ14, some ladies like to drive trucks. My wife drove a fish truck when she was 8 months pregnant 2,000+ miles a week. Don't think for a minute because their a girl they can't do something. Some of the these ladies are so tough they'll chew you up and use you for fish bait.

When we lived in Austin & I was still in Banking, I would strap on my 4" stiletto heels & hop in my F250 4X4 diesel. Bless your heart, EZ14, you have rendered me speechless.

HDRider":13juu1by said:
1982vett":13juu1by said:
2010 Genesis Coup....
No new Vette?
Haha....nah, she had it before we met. It's her fun car. Her son and I went truck shopping the other day. She told us to have fun......sent her a picture of the Cobra setting on the showroom floor. :lol2: She said "not that much fun."

I think I got the sports car phase out of me when I was young. '69 Mach 1 in high school. New '79 TransAm when I was 21, and the '82 Corovett when I was 27. What is sad....sticker on the Cobra was several thousand less than the F250 I glanced at. Dam ridiculous!

1982vett":9u2rnfx6 said:
HDRider":9u2rnfx6 said:
1982vett":9u2rnfx6 said:
2010 Genesis Coup....
No new Vette?
Haha....nah, she had it before we met. It's her fun car. Her son and I went truck shopping the other day. She told us to have fun......sent her a picture of the Cobra setting on the showroom floor. :lol2: She said "not that much fun."

I think I got the sports car phase out of me when I was young. '69 Mach 1 in high school. New '79 TransAm when I was 21, and the '82 Corovett when I was 27. What is sad....sticker on the Cobra was several thousand less than the F250 I glanced at. Dam ridiculous!
I had a '70 cobalt blue Mach 1 in HS.

Cost of trucks now is crazy....

Cross-7":3w3nyjfv said:
My daughters pickup
She wants a 4 door but I ain't buying her anything with a backseat ;-)

That big thing behind the back window and just above the rear wheels--what is that thing usually called? :D ;-)
(I raised a daughter too)

I drive all the farm trucks, they are all different, 4 speed, 6 speed, auto....But my personal car before 2014, i drove a 2002 fire bird. It was a 5 speed. When i commuted in it, it was ok...but after a while i hated driving a standard. So in 2014 with the good cattle market and some green hanging out our pockets, we went car shopping. I cleaned up my 12 yr old bird, 75,000 miles (put on in the first couple years, got around 5000 the years after)..It was in perfect shape, new tires, inside still smelled new. Was a cheap car at the time, $15,000...Anywho, first place we went was Bonham and looked at trucks. Husband thought, we'll get another farm truck and it can double as your car..I was like, WTF. I did not want to drive a stupid truck. Not one salesperson came out, amazing huh....not a single one. Made my husband mad so we headed to McKinney to the Subaru place. Husband has always had a thing for Subaru's. His first new car was a Subaru, tiny tiny car..It was before we met when he drove it, but paid cash for it so he did not have insurance. He totaled it and came out alive but was a total loss since he had no insurance. Since, he's wanted another. The sales person took us for a ride, and when i say for a ride i mean for a ride. He took us down an embankment on some construction being done on I 75...he went over berms and curbs, I was sitting in the back seat scared shytless....He stopped at a traffic light and i yelled and threw my fist down on the console, SOLD!.....Went to their new fresh off the truck cars and there he was Forest. The only green Forester in the whole lot of hundreds. That was 2 years ago and i love it. Paid cash because that was the good cow year....traded my bird in, got 3500 for it, drove off into the sunset. Got almost top of the line, just short of a few options, but my fav is the heated leather seats...

Latest posts