What do you THINK ?

Help Support CattleToday:

larryshoat":2rn858sh said:
Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors. Behind one door is a car, behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say #1, and the host, who knows what's behind the doors, opens another door, say #3, which has a goat. He says to you, "Do you want to pick door #2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice of doors?

This was a question I found .

Larry

Good one Larry!

Now how about this one;

Suppose you are on a cattle forum, and you're given the choice of three threads. One is by Crowder, titled "My Family Reunion" (with pics), One is by Angie titled "What We had for Dinner Last Night" (with pics) and the third was by dun titled "I still Haven't Got Rid of the Skunk Under My Porch" (no pics).

Which do you open first? And is it in your advantage not to open any of them? :D

Suppose you are on a cattle forum, and you're given the choice of three threads. One is by Crowder, titled "My Family Reunion" (with pics), One is by Angie titled "What We had for Dinner Last Night" (with pics) and the third was by dun titled "I still Haven't Got Rid of the Skunk Under My Porch" (no pics).

Which do you open first?

Now suppose Dun didn't realize his skunk was gone and suppose Angie is really part of Crowder's family, would Crowder post pics of his family reunion with Angie cooking Dun's pet skunk for dinner last night????

MistyMorning":1xpydg6j said:
larryshoat":1xpydg6j said:
Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors. Behind one door is a car, behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say #1, and the host, who knows what's behind the doors, opens another door, say #3, which has a goat. He says to you, "Do you want to pick door #2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice of doors?

Larry

Good one Larry!

Now how about this one;

Which do you open first? And is it in your advantage not to open any of them? :D

You're right Misty, I would be fearful of all three, but after a day or so curiousity would get the best of me and I would be FORCED to open the one titled "My Family Reunion" (with pics) by Crowder, but if the (with pics) specification were removed that would change the odds of that pick and I think angie with "What We had for Dinner Last Night" would be more likely (I get mighty hungry) and if as jw says dun loses a skunk in the deal, so be it, I 've probably eaten worse :lol2: .

Larry

Toby L.":3dl4m6vx said:
Thats all interesting, but whitch door was the car behind, the suspense is killing me. :)

Oh yeah, Toby, this is the wall street version of the game, ther is no car, just goats :lol2: .

Larry

larryshoat":3ns1ucmw said:
I think angie with "What We had for Dinner Last Night" would be more likely (I get mighty hungry)
Larry
See MM ~ someone knows how to appreciate a good home cooked meal! :nod: Better than slamming a jar of pickles on the table and saying to the fam "Well, I don't know what you people are going to eat but...."

angie":1ggugy99 said:
larryshoat":1ggugy99 said:
I think angie with "What We had for Dinner Last Night" would be more likely (I get mighty hungry)
Larry
See MM ~ someone knows how to appreciate a good home cooked meal! :nod: Better than slamming a jar of pickles on the table and saying to the fam "Well, I don't know what you people are going to eat but...."

Pickle juice on ice anyone? I aint never done it, but know folks who have.

When I first read this I was thinking no, that can't be right because you would end up with a 50% chance of being right regardless of which door. Thinking about it though I think I understand. The first time you would have had a 33.3333....% chance of being right and that doesn't change with the opening of door 3. However you now have a 50% chance of being correct if you switch to door 2. So you will be correct 16.7777... more times is that right?

BTW - I would open any of the three posts.... :help: :shock:

backhoeboogie":1zalldaz said:
angie":1zalldaz said:
larryshoat":1zalldaz said:
Larry

Pickle juice on ice anyone? I aint never done it, but know folks who have.

Huh? Drinking pickle juice would violate the Geneva Convention, if you "had" to drink it.
I'm curious about this 'jar of dill pickles' thing. Is this a traditional family dinner? Or is it a way to drown your sorrows.

larryshoat":27pez2dd said:
MistyMorning":27pez2dd said:
larryshoat":27pez2dd said:

Larry

Good one Larry!

Now how about this one;

You're right Misty, I would be fearful of all three, but after a day or so curiousity would get the best of me and I would be FORCED to open the one titled "My Family Reunion" (with pics) by Crowder, but if the (with pics) specification were removed that would change the odds of that pick and I think angie with "What We had for Dinner Last Night" would be more likely (I get mighty hungry) and if as jw says dun loses a skunk in the deal, so be it, I 've probably eaten worse :lol2: .

Larry
Larry, I have got to tell you, our reunions have proven to be a fertile opportunity to meet wimmens.Where else did you think I met my Wife? The dating game? :D

I'd say your chances would be 50/50 after opening #3. I don't see the advantage of switching. If there were 10 doors would you say switching would be better after each wrong door was opened? I'm not a genius, but I do play one on the Internet. :D

MistyMorning":3il9qbec said:

I don't know, but I'm sure gonna think twice about opening any more of Larry's threads! :D

VanC":k9q3kwrw said:
MistyMorning":k9q3kwrw said:

I don't know, but I'm sure gonna think twice about opening any more of Larry's threads! :D

Oh Larry I am so very, very sorry, it was the cabin fever that got me. :nod:

P.S. Larry, have you ever read any of the posts related to Angie and her cooking. :shock:

john250":19ujrj1b said:
Huh? Drinking pickle juice would violate the Geneva Convention, if you "had" to drink it.
I'm curious about this 'jar of dill pickles' thing. Is this a traditional family dinner? Or is it a way to drown your sorrows.

No John, not "traditional" and quit being so gosh darned curious already. :roll:

Sorry I missed this thread, But even more sorry for Y'all that I missed this thread. :cowboy: I don't think I like goats SO I believe it would be time for a bribe. 8)

MistyMorning":5qc0sq7w said:
VanC":5qc0sq7w said:
MistyMorning":5qc0sq7w said:

Oh Larry I am so very, very sorry, it was the cabin fever that got me. :nod:

P.S. Larry, have you ever read any of the posts related to Angie and her cooking. :shock:

Yes I have Misty, the lutefisk sounds yummy :help: I never turn down a meal .

Larry

larryshoat":oneci01o said:
Larry

Alright Larry fess up..Just what exactly did Angie bribe you with to say this... :lol2: :lol: 8)

hillsdown":2twnkujl said:
larryshoat":2twnkujl said:
Larry

Alright Larry fess up..Just what exactly did Angie bribe you with to say this... :lol2: :lol: 8)

She said if I was still hungry after the first platefull, I could have seconds :lol2: .

Larry

hillsdown":39dkbjq7 said:
hd ~ you think I need to resort to bribery to get people to eat my food and say nice things about it? :cry2: Larry knows everyone has their strengths. I am better at fixing calves I think, than I am at fixing supper. :lol2:

Latest posts