What do you folks carry?

Help Support CattleToday:

mtncows

Reaction score
What do you other folks carry in the truck'tractor,four wheeler etc. to take care of little annoyances such as coyotes ,groundhogs,sheep killers and such.I usually have my trusty New England Firearms Handi rifle in .223 Rem with scope and 45 grain Winchester Hollowpoints or Nosler Ballistic tips.

My SKS rifle, its the cheapest ammo you can buy, and my 38 with snake shot. We have so darn many rattle snakes down here.

17 HMR with a Luepold 4X. Stainless bull barrel with wood stock. Cost the boss a good bit I'm sure, but I don't like it. Very accurate but no knockdown. I've shot "nuisance birds" with it and sometimes they fly away. I'm sure they died later but I want to see the fall. 22MAG is a better choice. Especially if you have to put a cow down.

45-70 Marlin lever action stainless steel guide gun. I have never had to shoot twice!! ;-)

Coyotes don't show themselves in the daylight around here. I carry fire ant poison.

Alice

I carry a bolt-action Savage .17 rifle with a Bushnell 3x9 scope. It can be pretty nasty to armadillos and skunks. It's fun for plinking cans and targets, too.

Well I don't carry a gun with me most of the time.

When I need a woodchuck taken care of I use a Sako .222.

Anything else gets the 12ga with an appropriate load or slug.

I have killed many coyotes with a stick, {maul handle} dogs too. Never seen or heard of a coyote putting anyone up a tree. Would have to be rapid. 22, or 22mag. will do bout anything, needed as far as varmits. If u can't get close enough for that to do the trick, maybe one needs a high powered rifle. But yotes don't put you up a tree. I have actually killed them and bobcats, coons, etc. with a benjiman pelet rifle when I used to trap, but mostly with the maul handle. Also killed a grown rottweiller with the benjiman pellet rifle, n yes 1 shot.

gun. a 22 Ruger with scope, or a Browning lever action iron sights.
either one will do the trick with coyotes, or other varmits.

Always have pistols with me. Preban 9 mm and a 38 with 2 rounds of rat shot and a shotgun pistol. Carry rifles during hunting season - depending on what is in season. Favorite is the AR15 w/ modified trigger and 6x20x50 scope. Machinist friend and I played with a 308 the other day. Loaded it with very light powder load and made a silencer and put it on the barrell. Very sweet. Makes more noise hitting the target than leaving the barrel. I believe this setup is going to have an excellent application in alleviating our pig problem.

P.S To ye ne sayers, yes - got the FF license.

Alice":740wt97p said:
Coyotes don't show themselves in the daylight around here. I carry fire ant poison.

Alice

Alice, we call them P'''''SSSS ants down here, because when you step on a hill of them they will bite the P'''ssssssssss out of you.
:lol: :lol:

hillbilly beef man":fsv62kuu said:
Remington 700 bdl in 7mm rem mag. Never had to shoot a yote of groundhog twice if I hit it.

And you also have some nice range with that firearm!

Latest posts