what do I need-UTV or golf cart?

Help Support CattleToday:

Elec golf carts are fine for little short trips to the barn, to the house, ect. Any kind of steady run time kills them. If you are going to ride fence lines or any thing like that it will be sluggish by the time you get back. Plus they will not hold up to bouncing through the pasture day in and day out.

We have a $8K utility golf cart at the ranch. Its good for running around the yard but that is about it.

Brute 23":2pkb5g0i said:
Elec golf carts are fine for little short trips to the barn, to the house, ect. Any kind of steady run time kills them. If you are going to ride fence lines or any thing like that it will be sluggish by the time you get back. Plus they will not hold up to bouncing through the pasture day in and day out.

We have a $8K utility golf cart at the ranch. Its good for running around the yard but that is about it.

Shew! I have no idea they were in that price range. Gas powered or electric?

Its not mine. We ended up with it at the ranch because the owner's wife insisted she needed a golf cart. I don't blame her. They had a K Mule and P Ranger but they were a little harder to drive.

What's funny was I took my Mule Pro out there with the fuel injection and power steering. She went for a cruise, came back and said... can I trade my golf cart in for one of these? The look on the owners face was priceless. :lol: That golf cart is like 3 months old.

update: wife drove both the souped up golf carts and the Kubota. Hands down she wanted the Kubota. She felt like the golf cart would roll at the slightest bump and liked the stability of the heavier vehicle. Bought the base model Kubota 700 and after the first month, it's exactly what we needed. Goes where we need it to without issue including creek crossing, pulls small trees out of the ground, not too hard on the damp ground. It's got just the right amount of speed as well; doesn't putter along, but not so fast that the teenagers get reckless. Thanks again for all the discussion.

Latest posts