what breed of bull on corriente cow

Help Support CattleToday:

P1010007-1.jpg

'Original Prankster' the bull he tangled with.

I A'I'ed an old Jersey cow to a rodeo bull to raise a practice bull for Ty-instead we got a 21-22 point mankiller. Ty and I could handle him not bad but if he got on the peck you had your hands full. It took them an hour to get him out of the arena one time he was so quick he'd hook the pick up horses. The funny thing was when he was a baby calf my five year old showed him in peewee 4H lol.

Angus Cowman":1z58bmf9 said:
MO_cows":1z58bmf9 said:
That cow in the picture has show tags on her, she probably is gaunted up from traveling. And she looks like she has been working in the roping pen too. On decent pasture they can carry a lot more flesh than that.

quote]
Where are you seeing a SHOW TAG
I see an ear tag and a bangs tags

Paper tags - the one on the hip is her entry number, the one on her back is her "home" pen.

He rode all last year with a torn ACL and some MCL damage so he's taken the winter off to rehab. He had a decent year last year but had to medical out of a few too many rodeos. We won a couple though and a couple jackpots. Wants to get healthy and go hard this year.

MO_cows":1z2vnh1n said:
Angus or low bw Charolais. Especially the Charolais seems to chunk up the calves.

I wish there was a little more civility towards the Corrientes in general. They do just fine in country where a lot of cattle would die. Tough doesn't always translate to pretty. There are some breeds of cattle I wouldn't own if you paid me to take them, either, but somebody out there is making them work so I'm not gonna sit here and bash them.

Awe come on MO-cows drop the over rated civility and join in casting a few verbal stones at another persons cattle it will elevate your sense of self worth, it will help you feel better. ;-) ;-) :tiphat:

Dylan Biggs":16gtmsst said:
MO_cows":16gtmsst said:
Angus or low bw Charolais. Especially the Charolais seems to chunk up the calves.

I wish there was a little more civility towards the Corrientes in general. They do just fine in country where a lot of cattle would die. Tough doesn't always translate to pretty. There are some breeds of cattle I wouldn't own if you paid me to take them, either, but somebody out there is making them work so I'm not gonna sit here and bash them.

Awe come on MO-cows drop the over rated civility and join in casting a few verbal stones at another persons cattle it will elevate your sense of self worth, it will help you feel better. ;-) ;-) :tiphat:
i know i feel better for it, its like a burden has been lifted :cowboy:

Hockeyand4H024.jpg

That was about as fat as he would ever get he kept himself pretty hard. We sold him to a contractor over in Manitoba and somebopdy shot him last winter-weird or what. I have some semen in the tank on him. The funny thing is we've got the odd BrahmaX commercial cow off him and they're quieter than EXT's lol.

Northern Rancher":3mqhfrl6 said:
P1010709.jpg

That looks like an easy calf to go tag!
yeap thats one you drive out in a armored tank using robotic arm and tag :lol: raised several just like her.. though i only had a few with a udder that neat

Angus Cowman":2l92p9aj said:
MO_cows":2l92p9aj said:
Paper tags - the one on the hip is her entry number, the one on her back is her "home" pen.
I would bet those are sale barn tags not show tags from the looks of her

Would you make that a real bet, like for a fifth of Jack Daniels?

Mo gal....must be a Mo thing. I've never seen back tags put on a show calf down this way. Course I don't make a lot of shows either. They usually use an ear tag for each animal. If those are NOT sale barn tags they should be.

TexasBred":3m17kqrx said:
Mo gal....must be a Mo thing. I've never seen back tags put on a show calf down this way. Course I don't make a lot of shows either. They usually use an ear tag for each animal. If those are NOT sale barn tags they should be.

You are like everyone else :dunce: You have not seen her EPD's and they are ''curve bending' :cowboy:

She will be a donor cow that will change the breed! People will be standing in line to buy the embryos.

TexasBred
TexasBred":1kt896xk said:

We get MO Cows and MoGal ....... two different posters.

Back on topic...... There is a man in Arkansas who has red polls and a couple champions at that, but he breeds his red poll heifers to corriente bull........... just behooves me as there are plenty of easy calving red poll bulls. I was going to go look at some but it turned me off to have to think about aborting the calf and wasting time on a dink first calf if it wasn't successful.

You might think about red poll or if you really need some ear, maybe a senepol.

MO_cows":iswtcgyl said:
Angus Cowman":iswtcgyl said:
MO_cows":iswtcgyl said:
I would bet those are sale barn tags not show tags from the looks of her

Would you make that a real bet, like for a fifth of Jack Daniels?
make it crown and I get to help drink it if I lose :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crown works for me! Alacowman, where did you get that picture? I got some detective work to do......

AC, I'll be down in Springfield in April. Can you pay up then?

Latest posts