what breed of bull on corriente cow

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":9tgerafg said:
here's one that really caught my eye.. wish he had more like her,, id buy the whole lot

Wow they're way nicer than I thought I might go as high as $9.00 on em.

ALACOWMAN":1y549jkr said:
here's one that really caught my eye.. wish he had more like her,, id buy the whole lot
I tell you what....a bull that would breed that is low down and desperate. The word "corriente" basicaly means "trashy" ... Whatever the offspring it's got to be an improvement over the original.

TexasBred":1t7msbgj said:
ALACOWMAN":1t7msbgj said:
I tell you what....a bull that would breed that is low down and desperate. Whatever the offspring it's got to be an improvement.
whoa whoa whoa there feller, didnt your moma teach you better :cowboy:

Santas and Duhram Reds":1p5ypa8x said:
Dun, that was my thought but I forgot his name.
Just did a search and the picture of Demetrious isn;t around anymore. Maybe Bwwfy could post it again so that newcomers would know what the heck we're talking about.

dun":8lwql7jh said:
Santas and Duhram Reds":8lwql7jh said:
Dun, that was my thought but I forgot his name.
Just did a search and the picture of Demetrious isn;t around anymore. Maybe Bwwfy could post it again so that newcomers would know what the heck we're talking about.
I think Demetrius would over power them cows :lol:

Angus or low bw Charolais. Especially the Charolais seems to chunk up the calves.

That cow in the picture has show tags on her, she probably is gaunted up from traveling. And she looks like she has been working in the roping pen too. On decent pasture they can carry a lot more flesh than that.

I wish there was a little more civility towards the Corrientes in general. They do just fine in country where a lot of cattle would die. Tough doesn't always translate to pretty. There are some breeds of cattle I wouldn't own if you paid me to take them, either, but somebody out there is making them work so I'm not gonna sit here and bash them.

If using Demetrious was going to produce Imbalancers, what would using him or an Imbalancer bull on these cows produce?

dun":2osdw4bc said:
If using Demetrious was going to produce Imbalancers, what would using him or an Imbalancer bull on these cows produce?

I would think that by now it would be obvious...................................................................................CAB :mrgreen:

3waycross":hfbcb5b7 said:
dun":hfbcb5b7 said:

I would think that by now it would be obvious...................................................................................CAB :mrgreen:
I was thinking more like "destabilizers"

3waycross":1bxp1rdv said:
dun":1bxp1rdv said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

those aint show tags, there decals.. one says eat more chicken.. the other i couldnt make out, but it looked like calvin pee'in on a angus

WhitetailDoe010.jpg

Sweetums my one and only Corriente cross-a simmental bull on a Corriente cow. I used to A'I a little bunch of Corries for a customer. We kept this old boy around for ten or so years and he was a good lead steer. Lead steers have a shelf life though-he got to loving certain groups of cows and would only want to stay with them. One of the most epic battles I've ever seen was when he tangled with one of our five year old Brahma bucking bulls-they rototilled alot of ground. We finally sent him to the great herd in the sky last spring and he dressed over 1,000 pounds.

Latest posts