what breed of bull on corriente cow

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN

Reaction score
ive got a chance to buy some corriente cows for $50.00 a piece, or he'll pair em up 2 for a hundred.... so what breed of bull would you use on em?

Flechvieh, so we can see if the little ba----ds can give birth to something over 100lbs. :shock:

No offense Alacowman, but I believe Dun gave you the only realistic answer. :nod:

BTW $50 seems a little high. I would personally be willing to go as high as $8.00 apiece or $10.00 for pairs. :cowboy:

All kidding aside. If I was stuck with a bunch of them I would breed them to an Angus bull and sell all the male offspring for calving ease heifer bulls.

A lot of folks around here are runnimg them on angus cows for heifer bulls and then selling those calves at around 500lbs and coming out real well.

Heck you might just start a whole new arm of the cattle business, out there in the South.

Realistically a good Angus bull should cross well with almost any critter we raise in North America-well enough to give you a marketable calf.

They ain't worth spit. Me and my buddy was trying to milk his bull and he got kicked in the head! I'd rather have a Longhorn. ;-)

That the response you wanted? :)

Isomade":3fm8ufgz said:
They ain't worth spit. Me and my buddy was trying to milk his bull and he got kicked in the head! I'd rather have a Longhorn. ;-)

That the response you wanted? :)
no, but i was warned that was the type id receive :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":2m7fkl0o said:
the only problem with breeding them he says, is the hooks keep gigging the bull in the ribs seem they cant stand it
maybe you could breed em to Beefmasters and improve the beef master breed then ya could breed the offspring to a Angus and then to a herf and then limi and then char and then a LH and then a Pied and then gelbvieh and then a brahma and
then you would have a corriente,beef master,angus,herf,limi,char,LH,pied,Gelbvieh,brahma cross cow with bad eyes, bad feet,double muscled,bad temperment, bad uddered bald faced with cow with some hybrid vigor and horns

just what everyone needs

I have some corriente and angus cross cows, they are great mommas, i breed them to an agus bull and the make great calves. 50 bucks aint much but i'd say go for it the way the market is going you'll make money. If not you can eat them.

The best cross would be a Dexter so you could sell them for pets or milk goat replacements :cowboy: