What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb said:
Named'em Tamed'em said:
Do you call it bacon or rashers?
Bacon, rashers would be slightly thicker :D . What would you call it?

Ga.prime. I have a cast iron frying pan that I just love, my 'one pan wonder'. Fried up the bacon then fried the tomato in their oil or grease as I think you guys call it. Just before tomatoes are ready the eggs go in...so no, no broiler ;-). Thnx.

No baked beans?

alisonb said:
Named'em Tamed'em said:
Do you call it bacon or rashers?
Bacon, rashers would be slightly thicker :D . What would you call it?

Ga.prime. I have a cast iron frying pan that I just love, my 'one pan wonder'. Fried up the bacon then fried the tomato in their oil or grease as I think you guys call it. Just before tomatoes are ready the eggs go in...so no, no broiler ;-). Thnx.

It's bacon to me. I think in England they call it rashers.

Season with a good rub, cover good with flour then brown/sear that sucker real good all sides and edges in a hot skillet with about a tblspoon of oil in it...make it a little crusty for more Maillard..While it's searing, Cut up potatoes, onions, peppers, carrots while it's sizzling then pull it off the fire, add the vegs around the sides of the roast, any leftover flour just drop atop the roast, add a little water and roast in the oven covered for 50 minutes.

Fork tender with it's own gravy.

Mince & noodles
20190523-184135.jpg

Mishmash :p
20190523-182514.jpg

Are those the all natural, free range, no pesticide/herbicide on the grain (ever) low carb noodles that the beautiful people's keto diets all call for?
(plus, if it is made from one of the new age/haute cuisine noodles made from one of the wheat substitutes, like ground up bark pulp from jubjub tree or pith from a cattail)

(I'm just askin for a friend...)

Seriously tho, It looks yummy allison!!

greybeard said:

That don't look like a piece of that new healthy, plant based, green, anti global warming, lab raised, savory fake beef. What are you thinking? The real stuff will kill you. Haven't you heard?

greybeard said:
Are those the all natural, free range, no pesticide/herbicide on the grain (ever) low carb noodles that the beautiful people's keto diets all call for?
(plus, if it is made from one of the new age/haute cuisine noodles made from one of the wheat substitutes, like ground up bark pulp from jubjub tree or pith from a cattail)

(I'm just askin for a friend...)

Seriously tho, It looks yummy allison!!
Thnx GB. Nooo, for all I know it has melamine in it :eek:

Breakfast - one crumpet, cup of coffee
Lunch - cauliflower cheese, cup of coffee
Evening meal- royal game soup, cup of coffee.
Other throughout day - one cup of bovril, half glass milk, handful mixed nuts (no peanuts)

Yeah, I don't think that'd be a good combo.. The peanuts only got in the picture because I couldn't shove them any further left because of all the other junk on the table. Pineapple's good by itself, like watermelon or cantaloupe.

Latest posts