What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

bball said:
I shouldn't have, but this is supper tonight

Seen people do it all my life. I've tried it several times because I wanted to like it, but I just could never develop a taste for it. However, those who like the combination speak very highly of it. If you're happy that's all that matters. Send me that clip full of $20s and we can be happy together :lol2:

JMJ Farms said:
bball said:

Seen people do it all my life. I've tried it several times because I wanted to like it, but I just could never develop a taste for it. However, those who like the combination speak very highly of it. If you're happy that's all that matters. Send me that clip full of $20s and we can be happy together :lol2:

Im no super taster, but i think its the combo of sweet and salty. Its a guilty pleasure my grandpa introduced me to when i was just a wee tot. I do it once, maybe twice a year..got to watch the sodium and empty calories. As far as the money clip goes, easy does it my fine Georgia friend. Thats my spending money for the month of June!😉

ga.prime said:
Yeah, I don't think that'd be a good combo.. The peanuts only got in the picture because I couldn't shove them any further left because of all the other junk on the table. Pineapple's good by itself, like watermelon or cantaloupe.
A really good and perfectly ripe pineapple is hard to beat..and hard to find. Fruit, dessert, liquids, and fiber all at once.
Lots better than the canned ones too.

bball said:
JMJ Farms said:
bball said:

Im no super taster, but i think its the combo of sweet and salty. Its a guilty pleasure my grandpa introduced me to when i was just a wee tot. I do it once, maybe twice a year..got to watch the sodium and empty calories. As far as the money clip goes, easy does it my fine Georgia friend. Thats my spending money for the month of June!😉
Pretty nice wad left for being the end of the month....

1982vett said:
bball said:
JMJ Farms said:

Pretty nice wad left for being the end of the month....

Well, I'm a bit of a tight wad and I had some rolled over from May ;-)
I'm hoping to keep this up and maybe have enough saved up by 2021 to buy one of those high dollar Black Angus bulls :mrgreen:

That sweet and salty is a real thing. My favorites are sea salt & caramel, watermelon & salt and cantaloupe & salt. As a kid I drank lots of Coke with peanuts but have gotten away from it in my later years.

bball said:

I've had coke with peanuts but have never put the peanuts in the coke...really need to try this.
So how do I go about this? Salted peanut? Ratio of peanuts to coke? Will it be as good with sugar free coke? Must the coke be cold?
:p

alisonb said:
bball said:

I've had coke with peanuts but have never put the peanuts in the coke...really need to try this.
So how do I go about this? Pour the peanuts in the Coke Salted peanut? Yes Ratio of peanuts to coke? One pack to one coke Will it be as good with sugar free coke? No Must the coke be cold? Yes. Hot Coke is unacceptable :lol2:

Even though I don't partake I can answer these questions :tiphat:

JMJ Farms said:
alisonb said:
bball said:

So how do I go about this? Pour the peanuts in the Coke Salted peanut? Yes Ratio of peanuts to coke? One pack to one coke Will it be as good with sugar free coke? No Must the coke be cold? Yes. Hot Coke is unacceptable :lol2:

:lol: coke is bad enough without it being ice cold much less sugar free....shudder at the thought of room temperature..... :nod:

JMJ Farms said:
alisonb said:
bball said:

Only thing I would add to what JMJ posted, take a nice big swig of the Coke before adding peanuts(probably goes without saying, but I hope for your first go round to be enjoyable) , else he absolutely nailed it. ga.prime makes an excellent suggestion with the freeze. I will be trying that one as well.

True Grit Farms said:
sstterry said:
True Grit Farms said:

Here's some greens TennesseeTuxedo.

I just can't mix the sweet of the strawberries with the greens and meat. I will have mine on the side for dessert.

I don't see the reason it all ends up in the same place.

You probably put sugar in your cornbread too! :roll:

These may look dry and tasteless but...they are not. Known as a Prego roll here. The buns have a pretty dense texture, not those 'air buns' one buys that have nothing to them. No tomato, onion, lettuce etc...just a steak. I used a fillet, fried it in butter and sliced it in half as I prefer a thinner steak on the bun. Then instead of buttering the buns take the same quantity of butter that you would have used and add garlic, chilli, salt and pepper and heat in a pan. Slice the buns in half and fry them in this mix until golden and crispy. Place steak between the bun halves and munch. You may add rocket leaves if you wish, I didn't have any. :D

Latest posts