What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown":2uqk8got said:
Those look great Hook ! I am doing baby backs tomorrow, I hope they turn out as good as yours. :tiphat:

I just took these out of the oven, a friend shared it on FB nd I thought wth I have all the ingredients so gave it a go .
Pepperoni pizza puffs , will reheat to get a crunchier crust and serve with a marinara sauce later today .

Finally got to use a new loaf pan that has been in my pantry for over a year . ;-)

Those look great, if you don't mind sharing how you did it, I'd like to try.

Commercialfarmer":2de3v5hn said:
hillsdown":2de3v5hn said:
Those look great Hook ! I am doing baby backs tomorrow, I hope they turn out as good as yours. :tiphat:

I just took these out of the oven, a friend shared it on FB nd I thought wth I have all the ingredients so gave it a go .
Pepperoni pizza puffs , will reheat to get a crunchier crust and serve with a marinara sauce later today .

Finally got to use a new loaf pan that has been in my pantry for over a year . ;-)

Those look great, if you don't mind sharing how you did it, I'd like to try.

I'd like to try it as well!

IMG_20140823_181343_zps2f1051c_edit_1408843568147_zpsdetndpnc.jpg

I definitely couldn't compete on this board, and this definitely lacks for presentation (people were hungry) but I didn't do too bad tonight. Went with a pan sear on the marinated steak, seared for about 45 seconds to a minute, covered in cracked pepper and kosher salt, roasted for about 6 minutes at 450 and placed a little butter on it while resting. It looks undercooked, but it was just that juicy- medium. Twice baked potatoes with sourcream, cheese and bacon, asparagus and Shiner.

For desert, ice cream cup shaped brownie, fudge Sunday.

If you are on facebook here is the link .https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

If not ,here is the recipe .
I doubled the recipe and added more herbs to it and I am sure you could think of more great things to add too like onion , spinach ,peppers etc . It is so easy to do, took 5 mins max prep time . We had the loafs(no sauce) with our baby back ribs tonight along with fresh picked corn on the cob and green beans . Love fresh veggies :D

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

Ingredients:
3/4 C. Flour
3/4 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 C. Milk
1 Egg
1 1/4 C. Italian Cheese blend
4 oz. Pepperoni Mini's
1 C. Marinara Sauce
2 Tbsp. Basil

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, milk, egg, cheese, and pepperoni, stirring until completely mixed. Spoon batter into the prepared mini-muffin cups. 4. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs, and serve with warm marinara for dipping.

Makes 12 Puffs.

Approximate Nutritional Facts, per 1 Puff:
Calories: 76.3, Total Fat: 2.9g (Saturated: 1.4g, Polyunsaturated 0.2g, Monounsaturated 0.3g), Cholesterol 20.7mg, Sodium 176.2mg, Potassium 76.6mg, Total Carbohydrate 8.1g (Dietary Fiber: 0.6g, Sugars 0.5g), Protein 4.2g

As usual it all looks great! Thanks for sharing the recipe Hills, it's a "must try".

Here in the PNW, it's the time for the fall run of Chinook Salmon, I don't find time to fish these days, maybe some day. Second best thing, a very good staff member does fish with her husband and father! They limit out every trip during the peak of the season. No pic but salmon fillets grilled with baby reds and corn! Again too busy eating should have done a pic. I love having salmon in the freezer and trading fish for beef at this point.

Good eats!

Sky , what kind of cake is that a bunt cake or angel food ?? Looks delish ! :tiphat:

I made a double batch of the pizza puffs today , with school starting right away I thought they would make a nice change for lunches . I used ham and sharp cheddar instead . I want to try some with spinach and provolone and maybe peperoni and green pepper or a Sicilian twist on them . I am freezing them , I hope they take freezing OK, I will use my vacuum sealer on them jic.

Since I have nothing important to do as I am just a teeny tiny hobby farmer and not a real cattle person I have plenty of time to spend in my kitchen . :roll: :lol:

Our 20th wedding anniversary is coming up on Wednesday and I am thinking of trying a black forest cake from scratch for it . I am not a baker so this may prove to be a bigger challenge than I am capable of . :help:

slick4591":1r0feou4 said:
skyhightree1":1r0feou4 said:
LOOKING GOOD YALL...

ResizedImage_1408930325244_zps1e835a72.jpg

My sugar just went up.

:lol2: Mine did too

hillsdown":1r0feou4 said:
Sky , what kind of cake is that a bunt cake or angel food ?? Looks delish ! :tiphat:

I made a double batch of the pizza puffs today , with school starting right away I thought they would make a nice change for lunches . I used ham and sharp cheddar instead . I want to try some with spinach and provolone and maybe peperoni and green pepper or a Sicilian twist on them . I am freezing them , I hope they take freezing OK, I will use my vacuum sealer on them jic.

Since I have nothing important to do as I am just a teeny tiny hobby farmer and not a real cattle person I have plenty of time to spend in my kitchen . :roll: :lol:

Our 20th wedding anniversary is coming up on Wednesday and I am thinking of trying a black forest cake from scratch for it . I am not a baker so this may prove to be a bigger challenge than I am capable of . :help:

Hd that is a Lemon pound cake heavy on the lemon I made it last night and the icing for it. Sounds good Hd ... BTW buy more cows so you won't have time to make a great meal and so you can brag on your cattle. Instead of showing us awesome dishes that you make. I definately would love to sit at your table too but your hubby may run me off when I eat up all your food :lol2:

My lovely wife just handed me a hot out of the oven peach dumpling............it was great...........no pictures :mrgreen:

3waycross":10jucjph said:
My lovely wife just handed me a hot out of the oven peach dumpling............it was great...........no pictures :mrgreen:

You know you can try to be a little less selfish and take a pic of the ones you didn't totally demolish . :lol: You post all these great things you get to eat or that you prepare yourself and we hardly ever get to see a pic. ;-)

I would love to have the recipe Mrs. 3waycross . :tiphat:

I have a case of peaches here and am trying to figure out what I can do with them besides salads, pies anything fresh , canning them is not something I want to do .

Latest posts