What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Crazy busy here lately so I missed out reading about all of these wonderful dishes !! :tiphat:

We had a bday dinner for Mr. Hillsdown on Sunday. I should have taken pics of the spread I put out but was way too in over my head just trying to get everything out on time. :lol:
Started out with grilled prawns ,caprese salad , and homemade bread with dipping oil . (Also brought out some of my pickled garlic and the latest batch of pickles ) Then we had potato salad , a really nice spinach salad with gorgonzola and candied pears, waldorf salad ( made healthy with yogurt), fresh picked grilled corn on the cob and the piece de resistance ,strip loin and rib steak from Sal the 4H carcass steer . Finished it off with some of my famous cheese cake ,and I did a caramel crunch this time.

It was a wonderful bbq, and what fabulous weather we had , hot hot hot . So great friends , incredible food ,lots of laughter and a few bottles of fab wine made for a very nice bday celebration. :D

hillsdown":3i4oybtl said:
Crazy busy here lately so I missed out reading about all of these wonderful dishes !! :tiphat:

We had a bday dinner for Mr. Hillsdown on Sunday. I should have taken pics of the spread I put out but was way too in over my head just trying to get everything out on time. :lol:
Started out with grilled prawns ,caprese salad , and homemade bread with dipping oil . (Also brought out some of my pickled garlic and the latest batch of pickles ) Then we had potato salad , a really nice spinach salad with gorgonzola and candied pears, waldorf salad ( made healthy with yogurt), fresh picked grilled corn on the cob and the piece de resistance ,strip loin and rib steak from Sal the 4H carcass steer . Finished it off with some of my famous cheese cake ,and I did a caramel crunch this time.

It was a wonderful bbq, and what fabulous weather we had , hot hot hot . So great friends , incredible food ,lots of laughter and a few bottles of fab wine made for a very nice bday celebration. :D

Somewhere 10 Iron Chefs just turned in their Aprons Wanda.....................you done good darlin! :tiphat: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3waycross":1t910txh said:

Somewhere 10 Iron Chefs just turned in their Aprons Wanda.....................you done good darlin! :tiphat: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:[/quote]

Well, lets not get carried away Vic :lol: but thank you :tiphat:

It went quite well and now I am definitely NOT doing anything for our 20th anniversary later this month . Way too much work ! :roll:

Cast iron seared chops with peppers and onions. The sauce was supposed to be a cream sauce but ended up a gravy. Red wine, sesame oil, cream and soy sauce based with some lime juice. Should have added some raspberry or such to it. Thickened it too much and it ended up a tasty gravy.

Hook":3igntbfa said:
Cast iron seared chops with peppers and onions. The sauce was supposed to be a cream sauce but ended up a gravy. Red wine, sesame oil, cream and soy sauce based with some lime juice. Should have added some raspberry or such to it. Thickened it too much and it ended up a tasty gravy.

Looks great! I would eat that plate in a second !

Those look great Hook ! I am doing baby backs tomorrow, I hope they turn out as good as yours. :tiphat:

I just took these out of the oven, a friend shared it on FB nd I thought wth I have all the ingredients so gave it a go .
Pepperoni pizza puffs , will reheat to get a crunchier crust and serve with a marinara sauce later today .

Finally got to use a new loaf pan that has been in my pantry for over a year . ;-)

Latest posts