What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591":1sxf0a1m said:
Our low carb supper. Lebanese chicken with potatoes substituted with turnips and carrots.

If you were just doing it for low carb I would have done a butter glaze to caramelize the veggies .

BUT I know you want it to be totally healthy ! Looks good and eye appealing too, bet your body thanked you afterwards > :wave:

Definitely something I would eat as a meal .

The veggies were coated with olive oil. The flavor was pretty good since I really didn't know what to expect. The turnips definitely held this dish back some and if I do this again I won't stop at 1/4 tsp of oregano like the recipe says.

Jogeephus":dunxsvfr said:
Tried something new tonight. Blackened venison medallions. Don't look pretty but they were delicious.

Did I tell you that you are fixin dinner on the 3rd of Oct? :cowboy:

3waycross":34j990om said:
Did I tell you that you are fixin dinner on the 3rd of Oct?

Be glad to if I'm not to stoned and too stuffed on jelly doughnuts and Kit Kat bars. You see, I plan on spending a lot of time in the pot shops on the 2nd in hopes of scoring some seriously good bud. I also hope to find a place I can either buy or rent a dideridoo because Delta wants to much for me to bring my own. My plan is to rent or buy one before I ascend Pike's Peak where I plan on getting totally stoked and play some lovely mesmerizing tunes for the awestruck tourists. Nothing can compare to the sound of a dideridoo echoing through the mountains.

HD, my wife doesn't like venison unless its cooked just right. She is extremely ticky about this but she loves filet mignon and she said she couldn't tell the difference and would gladly eat this anytime I decided to cook it. Coming from her this is a major compliment.

Jogeephus":vcbk43fz said:
3waycross":vcbk43fz said:
Did I tell you that you are fixin dinner on the 3rd of Oct?

Be glad to if I'm not to stoned and too stuffed on jelly doughnuts and Kit Kat bars. You see, I plan on spending a lot of time in the pot shops on the 2nd in hopes of scoring some seriously good bud. I also hope to find a place I can either buy or rent a dideridoo because Delta wants to much for me to bring my own. My plan is to rent or buy one before I ascend Pike's Peak where I plan on getting totally stoked and play some lovely mesmerizing tunes for the awestruck tourists. Nothing can compare to the sound of a dideridoo echoing through the mountains.

HD, my wife doesn't like venison unless its cooked just right. She is extremely ticky about this but she loves filet mignon and she said she couldn't tell the difference and would gladly eat this anytime I decided to cook it. Coming from her this is a major compliment.

Gotcha covered on both counts...........planning on getting you real wrecked so I can shoot your game for you, and then tell you, Good Shot!

3Waycross, if he misses your going to let us know aren't you? You need to make sure he brings some of that blueberry syrup with him also.

highgrit":2b30tfy1 said:
3Waycross, if he misses your going to let us know aren't you? You need to make sure he brings some of that blueberry syrup with him also.

Highgrit, that's blackberry syrup. Why you want to scriminate. Hey, any guide worth his salt ought to get the truck close enough where all I have to do is roll down the window and a really good guide would roll down the window for me. :mrgreen:

HG that looks really good !! :D

Joe and 3way I better get to see some pics !!! Mr HD doesn't hunt but I bet he would love to be on that trip with the two of you . :nod:

Boy oh Boy , come October Colorado had better LOOK OUT ... :lol2: :lol:

I used this recipe I used on the cobia Highgrit gave me. Liberally coated the meat and put in a skillet with a little olive oil heated just to the point where the oil was about to smoke then dropped the meat on the skillet and let it cook for 2 minutes then turned and cooked the other side for 2 minutes. Its really tastes good and seals in the moisture really well. I think a little horseradish powder might be a nice addition.

Blackening Spice:

1/3 cup paprika
1/3 cup salt
1/4 cup powdered garlic
1/4 cup freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons powdered onion
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons dried thyme

This makes enough for several cooks.

hillsdown":2yvayr15 said:
HG that looks really good !! :D

Joe and 3way I better get to see some pics !!! Mr HD doesn't hunt but I bet he would love to be on that trip with the two of you . :nod:

Boy oh Boy , come October Colorado had better LOOK OUT ... :lol2: :lol:

Having Eddie would just be the icing on the cake. The only thing we would end up killing is brain cells. :shock: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :help:

Latest posts