What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":ucs2ukiv said:
alisonb":ucs2ukiv said:
Hot Pot, over did the chillies :shock: Curry & Rice

Not knocking your dish Alison because I'd jump at the chance to taste it but what exactly is hot pot. Is that bananas and coconut? Not knocking it just trying to figure out the flavor profile.
It's Curry & Rice Jogeephus, usually made with beef or lamb, in this case beef. That is banana and coconut you see ;-).

Alan":14zalhd2 said:
I stepped on a line last night nothing personal intended on the breakfast burrito comment. :tiphat:

So with that said you guys inspired me, left over grilled rib eye steak, sweet onion, peppers, hash browns, yes sky, lots of cheese and scrambled eggs and salsa...... Breakfast burritos for dinner. :lol:

You're on the right track Alan. I'd prefer a little more brown on the tortillas, and some refried beans, but it looks good.

M-5":2doynyzv said:
Taco and buritios ain't breakfast food, folks.
I gotta call you on that one.

I used to have a little place across from work in Houston on Washington Avenue. Guadalajara Bakery. They had a steam table with about six different taco fillings. Some never changed, like the egg and sausage. They had a hot sauce that was the best I have ever had, and I am a hot sauce lover and aficionado. I hear neighborhood yuppiefication caused them to close.

Them tacos, splashed with that hot sauce would clear my head and settle my stomach. Mmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I found this in the Googlator - http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/heigh ... 782560.php

Rodriguez says her father, the son of a family of bakers in Nuevo Leon, came to the United States in 1959, bringing his family over three years later. The Guadalajara provided an ample living for the family's eight children, all of whom did stints in the restaurant's kitchen.

For them, the Guadalajara was a second home. Even today, the restaurant, from its worn linoleum flooring, to its bank of nine bubble gum machines, to the bracelets that share a bakery case with pan dulce, exudes welcoming warmth.
It commands a loyal clientele.

Victor and Irene Garcia, owners of Angelique's Paint & Blast in north Houston, drive down to Guadalajara several times a week. "I can't get a jump on the day without this place," Victor Garcia says.
Garcia says he offered Chavez $10,000 for her hot sauce recipe, but she turned him down cold.
"Ten thousand wasn't enough," says Rodriguez. "This is something you could bottle and sell."

"I don't know where we're going to go when this place closes," Victor Garcia muses into his taco.

Alan":1401wwji said:
I stepped on a line last night nothing personal intended on the breakfast burrito comment. :tiphat:

So with that said you guys inspired me, left over grilled rib eye steak, sweet onion, peppers, hash browns, yes sky, lots of cheese and scrambled eggs and salsa...... Breakfast burritos for dinner. :lol:

Looks good.. We can remain friends since you loaded up on cheese... ;-)

HDRider":3h1xebq3 said:
M-5":3h1xebq3 said:

I used to have a little place across from work in Houston on Washington Avenue. Guadalajara Bakery. They had a steam table with about six different taco fillings. Some never changed, like the egg and sausage. They had a hot sauce that was the best I have ever had, and I am a hot sauce lover and aficionado. I hear neighborhood yuppiefication caused them to close.

Them tacos, splashed with that hot sauce would clear my head and settle my stomach. Mmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I found this in the Googlator - http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/heigh ... 782560.php

Rodriguez says her father, the son of a family of bakers in Nuevo Leon, came to the United States in 1959, bringing his family over three years later. The Guadalajara provided an ample living for the family's eight children, all of whom did stints in the restaurant's kitchen.

For them, the Guadalajara was a second home. Even today, the restaurant, from its worn linoleum flooring, to its bank of nine bubble gum machines, to the bracelets that share a bakery case with pan dulce, exudes welcoming warmth.

Victor and Irene Garcia, owners of Angelique's Paint & Blast in north Houston, drive down to Guadalajara several times a week. "I can't get a jump on the day without this place," Victor Garcia says.
Garcia says he offered Chavez $10,000 for her hot sauce recipe, but she turned him down cold.
"Ten thousand wasn't enough," says Rodriguez. "This is something you could bottle and sell."

"I don't know where we're going to go when this place closes," Victor Garcia muses into his taco.

I have never eaten a Burito for breakfast , Breakfast should be compromised of any pork product bacon, chops, sausage, ham, Eggs with runny yokes, grits ( cheese grits are for eating with fish) the bread can be toast or biscuits. If we are gonna have biscuits we need a little milk gravy. That breakfast will get you thru till lunch. Don't get me started on people that put catsup and hot sauce on eggs .

M-5":2317w085 said:
HDRider":2317w085 said:
M-5":2317w085 said:

I have never eaten a Burito for breakfast , Breakfast should be compromised of any pork product bacon, chops, sausage, ham, Eggs with runny yokes, grits ( cheese grits are for eating with fish) the bread can be toast or biscuits. If we are gonna have biscuits we need a little milk gravy. That breakfast will get you thru till lunch. Don't get me started on people that put catsup and hot sauce on eggs .

If you've never had a burrito for breakfast, I can only feel sympathy for you. You don't know what you're missing. And it doesn't have to be pork products. I like beef fajita meat on mine occasionally instead of bacon or sausage.

But speaking of non-breakfast foods, I've heard of people eating breakfast sandwiches or omelets made with chicken or turkey. That's just wrong. While breakfast protein doesn't necessarily have to be pork, it does need to be red meat.

M-5":3repmy7c said:

Burritos are what I eat when I'm in a hurry and driving. You can pretty much eat the whole thing and not mess up the truck or your clothes. It's a bit more more difficult trying to eat eggs with runny yolks or sausage gravy and a biscuit while driving.

M-5, not only do "breakfast" burritos make for a good dinner as does hash browns eggs and bacon make for a good dinner, I have been known to recently grab a couple of slices of cold pizza or a couple of pieces on cold fried chicken for breakfast...... I will say they don't go with coffee so a cold coke is my morning coffee when I do that. I love fried chicken, freshly cooked or straight out of the fridge.

M-5":35f0i8u5 said:
HDRider":35f0i8u5 said:
M-5":35f0i8u5 said:

Cheese grits are for eating with fish? Dude I've been eating cheese grits with breakfast forever. Never heard that rule. Burritos for breakfast more popular out west maybe not in the south. Sausage gravy with biscuits is awesome but country ham on biscuits my favorite. Usually I have cereal and piece of toast for breakfast I would have heart trouble eating full breakfast every day. Doubt my wife would care to fix that everyday, maybe Mrs. M-5 does! If she does, keep her u lucky dog! :lol2:

Alan":3r57qulq said:
M-5, not only do "breakfast" burritos make for a good dinner as does hash browns eggs and bacon make for a good dinner, I have been known to recently grab a couple of slices of cold pizza or a couple of pieces on cold fried chicken for breakfast...... I will say they don't go with coffee so a cold coke is my morning coffee when I do that. I love fried chicken, freshly cooked or straight out of the fridge.

Haha I love cold fried chicken and cold pizza for breakfast! Ur awesome Alan!

NECowboy":1xsdy6k1 said:
M-5":1xsdy6k1 said:
HDRider":1xsdy6k1 said:

Cheese grits are for eating with fish? Dude I've been eating cheese grits with breakfast forever. Never heard that rule. Burritos for breakfast more popular out west maybe not in the south. Sausage gravy with biscuits is awesome but country ham on biscuits my favorite. Usually I have cereal and piece of toast for breakfast I would have heart trouble eating full breakfast every day. Doubt my wife would care to fix that everyday, maybe Mrs. M-5 does! If she does, keep her u lucky dog! :lol2:

but your a yankee

M-5":2gnc9t9y said:
NECowboy":2gnc9t9y said:

but your a yankee

You explained one of the exact reasons I hate the South - your racism against non southerners!

NECowboy":13wc1nfg said:
M-5":13wc1nfg said:
NECowboy":13wc1nfg said:

but your a yankee

You explained one of the exact reasons I hate the South - your racism against non southerners!

that's not racism, Regionalism maybe

M-5":6uucce7v said:
NECowboy":6uucce7v said:
M-5":6uucce7v said:
but your a yankee

It is and it's dumb. We don't have put downs for southerners here backwards maybe but that's only because of the y word insult.

NECowboy":11ccw390 said:
M-5":11ccw390 said:
NECowboy":11ccw390 said:

It is and it's dumb. We don't have put downs for southerners here backwards maybe but that's only because of the y word insult.

Yes , We are often referred to as Backwoods rednecks. and Again Its not Racism- Racism is when you discriminate or demeaning to a person based on the color of their skin. Yankee only describes a person (race not factored) that is not familiar with the culture or customs of the Deep South and thinks we are backwoods rednecks. Now DAM Yankee is a northerner that comes down here and stays.

M-5":3chx2et9 said:
NECowboy":3chx2et9 said:
M-5":3chx2et9 said:

Yes , We are often referred to as Backwoods rednecks. and Again Its not Racism- Racism is when you discriminate or demeaning to a person based on the color of their skin. Yankee only describes a person (race not factored) that is not familiar with the culture or customs of the Deep South and thinks we are backwoods rednecks. Now DAM Yankee is a northerner that comes down here and stays.

And I don't think y'all are that til you call me a Yankee. I did nothing to deserve it and living down south and getting called that randomly made my blood boil. It's like ok you are not one of us, you will never be one of us, all based on where someone was born, totally stupid imo, even the dam Yankee thing.

I get influx of northerners coming in and raising costs and living in subdivisions but Nebraska is one of the most rural states there is! We have way less population, walmarts, Chinese restaurants etc per capita and are way more isolated. We love farming and hunting - not very urbanized Yankee to me. So to be called a Yankee like I was the reason for ruination (I lived in a single wide trailer in the country!) is a stupid condemnation of a person without knowing all what they have to offer. I kind of liked you m-5 til you called me the y word.

Latest posts