What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5":13ofg8ht said:
NECowboy":13ofg8ht said:
M-5":13ofg8ht said:

Only Yankees put cheese in with their bbq meats! :lol2:

its a salad with bbq pork with hot bbq sauce

What a Yankee - bbq salad. I like my bbq with mustard sauce, Carolina hash and rice, Mac and cheese, collard greens, pitcher of sweet tea on the table. You'll have to check out my bbq picture from Melvins in mt pleasant sc from a couple weeks ago though I would take Sweatmans or shealys in a heartbeat over it.

True Grit Farms":2pe1vdgi said:
I eat coleslaw on my pork sandwiches.
Don't order coleslaw on it in Texas. The whole dam kitchen will come out a look at the fool that makes that mistake.

True Grit Farms":2bgixoa4 said:
https://m.facebook.com/Stinsons-Old-Fashion-BBQ-133135533416716/

Just a little old hole in the wall family owned BBQ restaurant in Lumber city Ga.

TGF you deep in the country man. Been to a place like that called bilbos in Bremen ga off 20 by ala line and it was awesome too!

Jogeephus":706pb4mr said:
NECowboy":706pb4mr said:
M-5":706pb4mr said:

Only Yankees put cheese in with their bbq meats! :lol2:

That BBQ looks good. I'm guessing the bread was on the side. :lol2:
Yep on the other side of the plate , I dip in their homemade ranch dressing. It's good enough to drank

HDRider":gia65ww3 said:
True Grit Farms":gia65ww3 said:
Don't order coleslaw on it in Texas. The whole dam kitchen will come out a look at the fool that makes that mistake.

I got used to a few people ordering it that way. In fact, my BIL was behind a guy that wanted coleslaw on his pork sandwich and damed if he didn't start eating that way.

We're in a cool spell only in the high 70's today, pushing for high 90's later this week. I took the cool weather to take care of my craving for homemade tacos, soft shell, hamburger, refried beans, cheese, lettuce and of course black olives and lots of sweet onions. My wife will do close to the same with sour cream and hot sauce.... Good eats, good eats.

HDRider":1lug92vb said:
True Grit Farms":1lug92vb said:

Sounds like the folks in Texas don't know how to make cole slaw.

Alan":2e82t5wo said:
We're in a cool spell only in the high 70's today, pushing for high 90's later this week. I took the cool weather to take care of my craving for homemade tacos, soft shell, hamburger, refried beans, cheese, lettuce and of course black olives and lots of sweet onions. My wife will do close to the same with sour cream and hot sauce.... Good eats, good eats.

Alan,

That sounds good. Except the part about the olives. That's a taco, not a pizza.

Jogeephus":2o4j1jts said:
HDRider":2o4j1jts said:
True Grit Farms":2o4j1jts said:

We know how to make cole slaw. It's just that we generally put it on the plate, not on a sandwich.

Jogeephus":26j5ji9v said:
HDRider":26j5ji9v said:
True Grit Farms":26j5ji9v said:

I'll get the Cole slaw sometimes . I like it . and I get a hard time for it.
Texans don't undrstand why someone would order chopped raw cabbage, when there's beans and tater salad available

Rafter S":hd03a132 said:
Jogeephus":hd03a132 said:
HDRider":hd03a132 said:

We know how to make cole slaw. It's just that we generally put it on the plate, not on a sandwich.
I learned to get it on the side.

When I left Houston and moved back closer to home I went to a BBQ place in Memphis. I ordered my slaw on the side. I'd been trained.

I lifted the lid to add my slaw, and behold, slaw was already on it. Didn't even need to ask for slaw. Home again.

Jo,
My Mom makes the best slaw, and luckily my wife follows suit.

Fence,
My Mom also makes the best tater salad in the world, and again my wife makes it almost the same way. I love when we have a pot luck at northerner's homes and they ask my wife to bring her tater salad. They always say, they never had it like that, and it is just the plain ole way of making it around here. Super simple, but is super good. I just can't get my wife to add chopped sweet pickles like Mom does. Been trying for over 30 years.

My sister makes something similar to potato salad, but she uses rice instead of potatos. I'm not sure what else she puts in it, other than bacon, onions, sweet pickles, mustard, and I think mayonnaise. It'll make you turn up your nose at potato salad.

Latest posts