What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett":19doyvgu said:
All right now. Y'all going to get a 246 page thread locked......

X2, don't get this thread locked up! It's too good of a thread. Start another Yankee vs. southerner thread somewhere else.

TexasBred":3exqvhps said:
Jogeephus":3exqvhps said:
NECowboy":3exqvhps said:
Sorry jo I think I'd pass that one up, is that homemade bread?

Yes, its poolish baget.
Ate some that looked like that last week but it was in a German restaurant. Tough as nails but damm good.

This had as soft chewy texture about like steak so once the oyster juices penetrated the bread it was like eating a huge smoked oyster only firmer. Made for a pretty good breakfast too.

NECowboy":xumewg76 said:
M-5":xumewg76 said:
NECowboy":xumewg76 said:
It is and it's dumb. We don't have put downs for southerners here backwards maybe but that's only because of the y word insult.

Yes , We are often referred to as Backwoods rednecks. and Again Its not Racism- Racism is when you discriminate or demeaning to a person based on the color of their skin. Yankee only describes a person (race not factored) that is not familiar with the culture or customs of the Deep South and thinks we are backwoods rednecks. Now DAM Yankee is a northerner that comes down here and stays.

And I don't think y'all are that til you call me a Yankee. I did nothing to deserve it and living down south and getting called that randomly made my blood boil. It's like ok you are not one of us, you will never be one of us, all based on where someone was born, totally stupid imo, even the dam Yankee thing.

I get influx of northerners coming in and raising costs and living in subdivisions but Nebraska is one of the most rural states there is! We have way less population, walmarts, Chinese restaurants etc per capita and are way more isolated. We love farming and hunting - not very urbanized Yankee to me. So to be called a Yankee like I was the reason for ruination (I lived in a single wide trailer in the country!) is a stupid condemnation of a person without knowing all what they have to offer. I kind of liked you m-5 til you called me the y word.

Please take a deep breath, and don't take everything so serious. As far as I'm concerned Yankee-land starts at the south edge of Dallas, but that's just my opinion.

Rafter I'll be the first to tell you I hate cities but there are so many not urban places up where the snow flies. Visited Dallas for a conference and found it a big city like Chicago, New York, etc, way too big to want to live there, not enough green space too many people too fast paced (my complaint about every city).

alisonb":2kefdcau said:
Jogeephus":2kefdcau said:
alisonb":2kefdcau said:
Hot Pot, over did the chillies :shock: Curry & Rice

Not knocking your dish Alison because I'd jump at the chance to taste it but what exactly is hot pot. Is that bananas and coconut? Not knocking it just trying to figure out the flavor profile.
It's Curry & Rice Jogeephus, usually made with beef or lamb, in this case beef. That is banana and coconut you see ;-).

Coconut and banana is what I thought but I had to ask to be sure. Still trying to get my head around that one. I'd try it in a second though.

NECowboy":3rnb4f4y said:
Rafter I'll be the first to tell you I hate cities but there are so many not urban places up where the snow flies. Visited Dallas for a conference and found it a big city like Chicago, New York, etc, way too big to want to live there, not enough green space too many people too fast paced (my complaint about every city).

That's why I said Yankee-land starts at the south edge of Dallas.

Rafter S":3pbo9xb1 said:
NECowboy":3pbo9xb1 said:

That's why I said Yankee-land starts at the south edge of Dallas.

Rafter I understood ya you must live south of Dallas!

Jogeephus":pmgqdygv said:
TexasBred":pmgqdygv said:
Jogeephus":pmgqdygv said:
Yes, its poolish baget.
Ate some that looked like that last week but it was in a German restaurant. Tough as nails but damm good.

This had as soft chewy texture about like steak so once the oyster juices penetrated the bread it was like eating a huge smoked oyster only firmer. Made for a pretty good breakfast too.
Jo,
Your food makes me hungry, even if I just finished supper.

Not to many Yankees around these parts is what I like about the south. Some of the meat that Jogeephus has hanging around is quite tasty really, that is once you get the mold off and trim the black off.

True Grit Farms":1r72cic7 said:
Not to many Yankees around these parts is what I like about the south. Some of the meat that Jogeephus has hanging around is quite tasty really, that is once you get the mold off and trim the black off.

Yankee = northerner or pushy city folk? You realize that Atlanta, Charlotte, even Birmingham, Nashville not at all relaxing right?

My new invention. A Muffalatoschnitzel - Whoever said it couldn't be done was wrong. Feeds about six adults.

13895320_898780410227946_4859373893323242172_n.jpg

13906799_898780450227942_5065940620157817919_n.jpg

Jogeephus":20i35ljw said:
My new invention. A Muffalatoschnitzel - Whoever said it couldn't be done was wrong. Feeds about six adults.

13895320_898780410227946_4859373893323242172_n.jpg

13906799_898780450227942_5065940620157817919_n.jpg

If I wasn't married already I'd be asking for your daughters hand. I love bread! Love schnitzel maybe not the other stuff but I'm not a big sandwich or condiment person. Cool concept!

Latest posts