What are prices doing?

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":arjznsgb said:
I sold the bull calves today. They were #650-850 and and brought 125-130. No complaints here.

Saw lots of black cows go thru and bring 50 cents. That's brutal.
Where do you sell? I went by Beeville sale last Friday but it was over and they were loading out when I got there.

kenny thomas":26l8vppq said:
Brute 23":26l8vppq said:
I sold the bull calves today. They were #650-850 and and brought 125-130. No complaints here.

Saw lots of black cows go thru and bring 50 cents. That's brutal.
Where do you sell? I went by Beeville sale last Friday but it was over and they were loading out when I got there.

Cuero, bigger sale. Don't really care for Beeville or Nixon sales. Halletsville would be my #2.

I culled opens on Wednesday. Didn't watch the sell and got my feelings hurt bad when I picked up my check..55cents.
Until I read sale report and found out I was in the top third. Now my feelings are fine I just hurt.

I tool a big 1475 lb packer to Buffalo last Saturday and she brought .66 lb. I was very pleased. She sold towards the last and for some reason the sale price got stronger as the day went. Most of the starters were bringing .55 and it trended up from there with the top old cow selling at .72 lb. They had probably 200 packer cows.

Calf prices are trending up here. Five wt. steer VOG is about $1.33. :banana: The boys are getting excited and pulling creep feeders out of the trees.

Short bred cows look cheap - - $850 to $1150. Seems to take a while for pricing changes to soak in.

Stocker Steve":yv5a0lj5 said:
Calf prices are trending up here. Five wt. steer VOG is about $1.33. :banana: The boys are getting excited and pulling creep feeders out of the trees.

Short bred cows look cheap - - $850 to $1150. Seems to take a while for pricing changes to soak in.
April feeder board sure looks optimistic :cowboy:

Stocker Steve":b1josk8c said:

5wt steers here in the high 1.50's. Things are trading,good except for slaughter cows and slaughter bulls. They are much cheaper.

kenny thomas":1im28me0 said:
Stocker Steve":1im28me0 said:

5wt steers here in the high 1.50's. Things are trading,good except for slaughter cows and slaughter bulls. They are much cheaper.
Buy the undervalued sell the overvalued. Good times for the trading type 8)

I have some 2nd calf heifers that I'm culling. They are 2 months from calving. The plan was to sell them as bred before fall but I'm not going to take those prices. I'll sell the private treaty or split the pairs in the spring.

Seems like people are pretty optimistic about prices in the spring?

RanchMan90":1ehoa6oj said:

It is always good times for the trading type. :nod:

Would you trade a 6 wt. calf for a short bred running age cow?

Stocker Steve":1f7o8hjf said:
RanchMan90":1f7o8hjf said:

It is always good times for the trading type. :nod:

Would you trade a 6 wt. calf for a short bred running age cow?
Running age cows still look a little overvalued. I would trade a 4 wt heifer for SS breds.

Latest posts