what a Morning!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Ty and I just got in from our morning hunt-I had a 160-165 inch 5x4 right in front of me for about half an hour-he got as close as ten yards-VERY hard deer to pass up-he had 8 inch brow tines a webbed beams that would of been at least six inches-he looked pretty huge through a 9 power scope for sure lol. Fortunately for him he has a bigger brother I'd like to get but he sure is a pretty deer. The cool part was I could hear him chewing as he fed by me-I'd stillhunted right by him to check out a different buck and he got up behind me.

He finally fed around by me and caught my scent and left.I've found if you can stay still deer can look right at you up close and still not know exactly what you are.

Northern Rancher":1b0a2khv said:
He finally fed around by me and caught my scent and left.I've found if you can stay still deer can look right at you up close and still not know exactly what you are.
When I called my fawns they were always confused about where I was, even if I was close, until I started moving ~ then they'd come running.

Ty had him at about 30 yards the other evening but couldn't get a clear shot. They're a whole new deal to hunt when you go to ground and try and stillhunt them.

Latest posts