This morning

Help Support CattleToday:

I had done lots of fishing when I was a teenager; I still like fishing, but would like to do something different. I have always wanted to go on a cruise, but not on one of those ships that is the size of a small city. My parents took a cruise down the Mississippi several years ago on one of those riverboats; they really enjoyed that trip.

I see where a lot of people go on Alaskan Cruises. Although the scenery is still there the cruise industry has completely changed the towns they stop in. People go there to experience Alaska but what they are experiencing is tourism owned and controlled by the cruise lines.

I looked into the trips down the Mississippi River last night. I'd never thought of doing that but looks like a fun trip. A little pricey though.

There is a paddle wheeler that runs up and down the Columbia. We looked into it. It wasn't cheap. And all the towns it stopped at along the way we have been to multiple times. I am not into tourism for tourism sake.

If you ain't doing it in a keel boat with a half a dozen trappers, 2 hookers and 3 barrels of whiskey you dont get the full effect of the original river cruise.

I see where a lot of people go on Alaskan Cruises. Although the scenery is still there the cruise industry has completely changed the towns they stop in. People go there to experience Alaska but what they are experiencing is tourism owned and controlled by the cruise lines.
Yeah….wife and I went on one a few months ago. Really don't get to see much up close but we enjoyed the boat ride. Had enough food to choke a mule, enough entertainment to keep one from getting bored, didn't have to lug luggage around daily as we do on road trips, and the drink package….well, by the 5th day I really didn't care if I ever had another.

I have a friend that runs an overworked power line crew. His main vacations are cruises because he is totally unavailable. It is nice to disconnect sometimes.

My parents took a cruise down the Mississippi several years ago on one of those riverboats; they really enjoyed that trip
My mom took my grandmother on a Mississippi riverboat cruise. Grandma met an Episcopal Priest at the bridge table, and they subsequently ran off and eloped as soon as they got back to Kansas. Da hell?!?! I will say, both Grandma & the Priest were widowed and pushing 80, but seriously???

If you ain't doing it in a keel boat with a half a dozen trappers, 2 hookers and 3 barrels of whiskey you dont get the full effect of the original river cruise.
On a river trip, that would probably provide me with almost all my needs and desires but what are you and the 1/2 dozen trappers going to do for companionship and liquid libation?

whiskeyboat.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts