Opening morning deer rifle in Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

My bunch found this one on our place in Coleman county, we had him on camera all year, until recently.
He wasn't far off the county road, we don't know if he was poached, shot on neighboring property or hit by a car, he was 3.5 years old, we were giving him another year or two, but not now.

Attachments

• IMG_3225.jpeg
    IMG_3225.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 9
My bunch found this one on our place in Coleman county, we had him on camera all year, until recently.
He wasn't far off the county road, we don't know if he was poached, shot on neighboring property or hit by a car, he was 3.5 years old, we were giving him another year or two, but not now.
That's a bummer.

There are so many buck that get injured in fights. I have pics of bucks getting gored by other bucks. Checking thick brush by water is the best way to find dead heads. This year, I had a buck get injured and hang out by a water trough for week until he recovered. I watched him on camera all week.

We were rattling this past week and when you see those big bucks come flying in.. you can see how injuries happen. I've had some guys say they have seen two bucks fighting and a third just blow in and blind side both of them. 😄

I agree they do kill each other.
I shot a buck in Leon county, that when we walked up to him my grandson said, popo you shot him in the neck, but I didn't, he got gourd by another boy, it was a big gash in his neck.
We found this buck close to a county road, so anything could have happened.

Latest posts