Always wanted a Colt 1911

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Love the .45 Auto. Don't own one but if I had a use for one I'd be in the market. I qualified with one in the Coast Guard and grouped them so close that the bulls eye was gone and they couldn't count all the rounds fired.

You want to see silly prices? Check out Rock Island Auction
Classic firearms go through from all the famous names.

Its cool! But I'm not sure it's worth what my house cost.
I thought the exact same thing. If I was a big gun collector and had deep pockets, I would make somebody pay for that one. It is one of a kind and you don't get many shots to buy something like that. Maybe KT will be along shortly and interested.

I thought the exact same thing. If I was a big gun collector and had deep pockets, I would make somebody pay for that one. It is one of a kind and you don't get many shots to buy something like that. Maybe KT will be along shortly and interested.
There's no reserve. So far it's only up to $6,625.00 and in $25 increments.

Just because it has a big "buy now" price doesn't mean it's ever going there.

My youngest son told my brother that he always wanted a 1911. Brother was an extremely successful competitive shooter. He said that he has 8 of them. I imagine several of them are match grade.

Had a Marine uncle was a sniper in WWII. He was at Guadalcanal, Iwo and Okinawa. He only had daughters and I was his boy.
We went to the Army Navy store to get my first 1911.
He would pick them up and shake them if they rattled he would say this is a good one.
If they didn't he would say this one will get you killed crawling around in mud and sand.
My daughter has his dress blues in a shadow box and my dad's dress whites.

watching this one, but it is out of my league.

If you want a good 1911 to have fun with buy a Rock Island 70 series A1.
It's as close as you can get to authentic WWII Colt without breaking the bank.
Cost you about 500 bucks.

Nifty holster @Caustic Burno !

I used to carry a 1911
Got tired of my pants not staying all the time. Carry a glock 23 now. Lots lighter. More ammo. 40s&w. It'll do.
But I can't shoot it near as well as my 1911. I've taken yotes at near 50 yards with my 1911. Can't hit one to save my arse with this dang glock.

I used to carry a 1911
Got tired of my pants not staying all the time. Carry a glock 23 now. Lots lighter. More ammo. 40s&w. It'll do.
But I can't shoot it near as well as my 1911. I've taken yotes at near 50 yards with my 1911. Can't hit one to save my arse with this dang glock.
Maybe hold it sideways . . .

I used to carry a 1911
I can't shoot a Glock with any accuracy either!
That's the reason I don't own one.

I always wanted a Singer 1911 it's the Holy Grail of 1911's.
Weren't many made.
I believe there were only 300 made. Had a neighbor up the road bring down a 1911 to do a bit of research on and possibly buy. It was thrown together from several makes but did have a Union Switch and Signal upper on it, Remington Rand lower and I couldn't get a make on the hammer, didn't match up to any of the originals with the checkering it had. He thought it should be worth what a complete US&S pistol was worth and I told him that just isn't the case so we weren't able to make a deal on it. I ended up buying an RIA in 10mm, usually they feel too big in my hands but this one has the slim G10 grips, it's like it's glued to your hand. I would like to get an original 1911 from WW2, not for shooting though, just to have a small piece of history in my safe.

Latest posts