Coyotes killed a newborn calf *graphic pic*

Help Support CattleToday:

we had a calf that was born Sunday between 8pm-6am which was found dead Monday AM. This is the 2nd time it's happened in 3 months. This morning around 10am a coyote was spotted at the edge of our ranch, which we assume was the same
Coyote that ate the calf.

We also had a dead calf that was found that same morning. He was born Sunday early afternoon, he nursed and no problems. I'm thinking botulism or some sort of clostridium bacteria. 😢 nice looking calves. We usually carry 12 gauge shotguns But they are useless at long range. I did purchased a .223 Browning Xbolt today. I was told We'd be able to lay them out with no problem. 🤞
I see no evidence of the calves being killed by coyotes, especially one coyote. They just look eaten in place, with no damage to the foliage around the carcass or other evidence of a kill. I definitely agree with all the others who stated this. Even more reason to check the bite on both and any other newborn calves you get.

Well, I am going to ask if they had a normal bite? I haven't tracked the facial bone underdevelopment further south than Mexico. A veterinarian in Mexico wrote a whole book on the subject of underbite in Indicine cattle breeds like the calves in the photos. If the calves died and were eaten, why is it necessary to shoot the clean-up crew? We really have to stop killing wildlife for no good reason. Apparently, you are in New York, but I would still be interested in you checking the bite and reporting what you find since you are raising an Indicine breed of cattle. Thanks.
I think I'll check next time btw no much left besides the carcass and some skin, birds ate the rest.

Latest posts