Hitching a Ride

Help Support CattleToday:

chaded

Reaction score
I was driving my utv today when I caught something out of the corner of my eye. I turned my head and this snake was by my head for a ride. Harmless but a little startling. I passed the ups guy on the driveway and I thought he was waving at me but he may of been pointing at the snake.

D2B9222F-A036-4F5A-9BBC-6E8576822FBD.jpeg

It is either what is called a Rough or a Smooth Green snake. I have never looked at the scales close enough to know which one it is. I'd guess rough but I don't know.

They are pretty to look at if they don't catch me off guard, but if I was startled by one that close to my face I would have either wrecked that UTV, or baled out with it still running.

I am not a snake person but the green snake is the least intimidating I've come across. I almost just picked it off the utv with my hand but i chickened out and got a stick.

Now, I came pretty close to wrecking a clean pair of shorts earlier this summer when I working on some stuff in the back of the wood burner and realized after a few minutes I was being watched.

1F53E148-443B-4C60-A75E-7D42D6102A52.jpeg

My mom used to have me go get stuff and I would go to do it but couldn't find it. She would walk over to where it was and it would be laying right there in the open and she would say to me, "if it was a snake it would of bit you." I kind of know what she was saying now. Lol.

Latest posts