Well I hope all you other hobby

Help Support CattleToday:

I had a satisfying day today. Well, it started last night. A guy drove up to our house to tell us that a team of 'cowboys' would be out at our hayfield to retrieve some cows, 7, that have been running out there and tearing up our hay. We store hay there too. Its a long place, all chopped up with lots of old fence lines, forest and bad fences to other 'weekenders' places bordering it. Anywho, we've been battling these cows for a while and they are bat shi+ crazy. I laughed in my head at the thought of someone thinking they'd round these nuts up. When I doubted the cows could be caught, the guy said, "These guys are real capable and professional cowboys." Went on to say, "If they cant get them with horses, their dogs can." I kind of giggled again in my head and said, "I will be there to watch." Now, being a woman, i'm pretty use to being talked down to by the mens....
I did not go and watch, but we got a call at around 2pm, they started at 6am saying that they failed to get any of them..SO hey, love when i'm right...lol

To be honest the last cowboy hat I owned got hocked for gas money to get to work at the next sale barn. Lived, learned, got a real job. I could hardly afford to be a hobby goat farmer back then.

Bestoutwest":37khuo92 said:
boondocks":37khuo92 said:
slick4591":37khuo92 said:
Is it okay for us hobby folks to work cattle in shorts and boots?

I do it in boots and old hospital scrub pants (a relative's castoffs). They ain't pretty but they were free and I don't care if they get manure on them or torn on barb.

I know you don't do that in the winter! I've lived up there and left the house in scrubs in winter. It sucks!

My winter ensemble consists of the aforementioned scrubs, with a pair of snowpants over them. Stylin'!!!

cowgirl8":3kqezk89 said:
I had a satisfying day today. Well, it started last night. A guy drove up to our house to tell us that a team of 'cowboys' would be out at our hayfield to retrieve some cows, 7, that have been running out there and tearing up our hay. We store hay there too. Its a long place, all chopped up with lots of old fence lines, forest and bad fences to other 'weekenders' places bordering it. Anywho, we've been battling these cows for a while and they are bat shi+ crazy. I laughed in my head at the thought of someone thinking they'd round these nuts up. When I doubted the cows could be caught, the guy said, "These guys are real capable and professional cowboys." Went on to say, "If they cant get them with horses, their dogs can." I kind of giggled again in my head and said, "I will be there to watch." Now, being a woman, i'm pretty use to being talked down to by the mens....
I did not go and watch, but we got a call at around 2pm, they started at 6am saying that they failed to get any of them..SO hey, love when i'm right...lol

have you ever been wrong?

If I put a peterbilt license plate on the front of my 85 1ton, and go down the road laying down sideways in the seat talkin on my phone, will that elevate my status ?

You know js1234 probably bought more cattle in one day than all the rest of us raise in a year. And I do mean ALL of the rest of us. But he never lorded it over any one. I do miss his posts. There was a wealth of knowledge if a person took the time to read and learn.

boondocks":2w58m1od said:
Bestoutwest":2w58m1od said:
boondocks":2w58m1od said:
I do it in boots and old hospital scrub pants (a relative's castoffs). They ain't pretty but they were free and I don't care if they get manure on them or torn on barb.

I know you don't do that in the winter! I've lived up there and left the house in scrubs in winter. It sucks!

My winter ensemble consists of the aforementioned scrubs, with a pair of snowpants over them. Stylin'!!!

That'll work! ;-) whatever it takes to stay warm, I say.

Dave":30o5b7mh said:
You know js1234 probably bought more cattle in one day than all the rest of us raise in a year. And I do mean ALL of the rest of us. But he never lorded it over any one. I do miss his posts. There was a wealth of knowledge if a person took the time to read and learn.
Yep. I'm proud of what I've put together but I have way to many close friends and people like him that I've had the pleasure of being around that dwarf my little podunk deal to ever feel like I'm special enough to brag about being a bigshot. It's a fairly common theme amongst them that they DON'T brag.

I was almost a big time cattle raiser until I decided to make ''viral U Tube videos. That led to coon trapping and mountain lion photography. Now sadly I only have time to think up cute names for calves and brag about the exploits of my kids. Maybe in my next life I can learn how to raise and market some beef!

I really enjoyed Js1234
He was very informative

Funny thing the guy that started this thread runs more cattle as a hobby than the gal that's running her mouth about how big an operation she has

TennesseeTuxedo":11b8f7fi said:
snoopdog":11b8f7fi said:
If I put a peterbilt license plate on the front of my 85 1ton, and go down the road laying down sideways in the seat talkin on my phone, will that elevate my status ?

Not sure but I'd almost pay to see that.

:D
You mean there is something wrong with driving like that? :cowboy:

Cross-7":3rblffr6 said:
I really enjoyed Js1234
He was very informative

Funny thing the guy that started this thread runs more cattle as a hobby than the gal that's running her mouth about how big an operation she has
True. But I'm thinking to remove all doubt, Jed and CG8 should have a pizzing contest; see who can pizz higher on the side of the barn. I'm putting my money on CG8

Ouachita":2tfj1nz3 said:
Cross-7":2tfj1nz3 said:
I really enjoyed Js1234
He was very informative

True. But I'm thinking to remove all doubt, Jed and CG8 should have a pizzing contest; see who can pizz higher on the side of the barn. I'm putting my money on CG8
Man I'm happy to just keep it off my boots now. That's a successful day.

Latest posts