We have come full cirlce...

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
A couple months ago I was pumping water for cattle in stock tanks and last night I'm pretty sure we lost every water gap in the area.

We are pushing 10" in the last 7 days and it's still pouring down. 8" have been in the last 3 days and a little over 3" was last night alone. They are shutting all kinds of roads and stuff down. I'm pretty sure it's been 100% run off as most evening thing was saturated and full before this.

If yall haven't seen the videos of Rockport and some of those areas right on the water go look. They are flooded.

A couple months ago I was pumping water for cattle in stock tanks and last night I'm pretty sure we lost every water gap in the area.

We are pushing 10" in the last 7 days and it's still pouring down. 8" have been in the last 3 days and a little over 3" was last night alone. They are shutting all kinds of roads and stuff down. I'm pretty sure it's been 100% run off as most evening thing was saturated and full before this.

If yall haven't seen the videos of Rockport and some of those areas right on the water go look. They are flooded.
We are the wettest on record so far.

Wish those rain storms would come out West. No measure able rain in our area since May and that was less than quarter inch,so basically knocked the dust down. We are burning up out here. One extreme to the other, can never out guess mother nature.

Yesterday I was at a big doing at the community center. A couple of neighboring ranchers were talking about how well their drought insurance was going to pay.

Must have been wheat and potatoe farmers. I carry insurance on what I have stock piled in case I loose it in a fire, but not on the growing hay. To expensive!

Haven't had many big frontal type rains... just an almost daily medium downpour that never lets the ground really dry up since about March.
(I've mowed the lawn fewer times this year than any I remember but only because the ground is too soft. Gate openings where the cows move back and forth every day are a quagmire.)

I guess they are saying a tropical system formed over the top of us. It has rotation and everything. It's an interesting deal from what I have read.

Some one posted the rain map deal from nrcs or some one like that on a thread and I meant to bookmark it but forgot.

Latest posts