Water in floorboard of Truck

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz":t6487oge said:
dun":t6487oge said:
Just_a_girl":t6487oge said:
cfpinz":t6487oge said:
I've found that once a hole has rusted in the floor they drain well.

cfpinz

That is what I'm afraid of, dragging my feet along the road as I'm going 65 or 70 MPH. :lol:

What have you got against hillbilly brakes? That's how cfpinz stops his trucks.

Only when the wife's not with me. Did you see the size of the feet on that woman??? :shock:

cfpinz

Oboy, something new for the banner across the driveway next time she comes by!
he main thing I noticed was her poor eye sight

dun":1sdd9k1u said:
Just_a_girl":1sdd9k1u said:
cfpinz":1sdd9k1u said:

cfpinz

That is what I'm afraid of, dragging my feet along the road as I'm going 65 or 70 MPH. :lol:

Isnt that how he gets it going as well. 8)

3MR":iwfua2ku said:
dun":iwfua2ku said:
Just_a_girl":iwfua2ku said:
cfpinz":iwfua2ku said:

cfpinz

That's what his wife "Wilma" says

The wife's Dakota did the same thing, turned out to be the A/C box had pulled away from the wall. The box the the evaporator coils are in. I had to pull the wipers and the cowl and reach down and coat the thing with silicone seal. Stopped the leak. Not saying that's the problem, but it'd be worth checking.

Good luck

3MR":1juf8yf6 said:
dun":1juf8yf6 said:
Just_a_girl":1juf8yf6 said:
cfpinz":1juf8yf6 said:

cfpinz

It's one thing to take all this slack from an old hillbilly, but now I gotta take it from a wanna-be Texan??? :eek:

cfpinz

Sometimes it's nearly impossible to figure out where water's coming into a vehicle, so my suggestion is that you should reverse the process.

Fill your cab with water and see where it comes back out. Plug all the leaks until all the water stays in the cab and you should be good to go.

The only other option I can think of would be to drive the truck into a lake and see where the bubbles come from.

Let us know how it goes. :D

cmjust0":2g4wqll3 said:
Sometimes it's nearly impossible to figure out where water's coming into a vehicle, so my suggestion is that you should reverse the process.

Fill your cab with water and see where it comes back out. Plug all the leaks until all the water stays in the cab and you should be good to go.

The only other option I can think of would be to drive the truck into a lake and see where the bubbles come from.

Let us know how it goes. :D

Best idea yet! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, take it to one of those carwashes that spray hard and see if you can tell where the water is coming.

I notice on my sedan when I stop and the air conditioner has been running the thing is frozen up and leaks a small puddle of water under the car.

This implies a tray under it to catch it with a tube leading to the outside and if the tube got blocked the water would have nowhere to go but over the tray sides.

Perhaps a ball bearing pushed into the outlet tubes.

Heard of a version of this used on toilets . Soak a Smurf ball in strong bleach solution then truss it up real tight in a small ball. Let it dry and take the string off. It stays compressed until it is flushed well down the pipe.

Bit like the spud in the tailpipe

Tytower, another cause for this water can be from the temperature setting being set on max cold setting while the fan setting is on low also. Am told this reduces the circulation and ice will build up - according to GM mechanic. We turned the temp back up some and no longer have the problem.

I had the same mystery with a 2001 Dodge Dakota and went through the same attempts to fix things. In my case, the culprit turned out to be the gasket/seal around the rear window. The leak depended on what direction, on a slight incline, the parked truck was leaning (in my case slightly leaning to the left) water was getting in. It was pure chance on discovering the rear window seal; it was cheaper to guess and try that fix than to pop the windshield and repalce the rubber seal/gasket. Good luck.

Thanks Hitch....

So far....no rain, so all is good. The next heavy rain, I'll will be watching for a leak again.

:D

Water leaks can be very difficult to find but you have given some good clues. If you only have water in the floorboard after a hard rain but not on hot, humid days I would rule out the a/c. Here's a little trick that may help. Find the pressure relief valve, (a small plastic vent usually located below the back glass or on both door posts) and cover with a piece of duct tape. Turn the vent or a/c blower on high and close the doors. Now cover the cab with soapy water like you were washing it.

With the vent covered the inside air will escape through any opening not sealed tightly causing bubbles to appear in the soapy water. Look for the most likely place that rainwater could run in when parked. Remember there are a lot of channels in the floorboad and water can run in almost anywhere yet pool up in the floorboard. Good luck.

Latest posts