Water in floorboard of Truck

Help Support CattleToday:

Just_a_girl

Reaction score
I can't figure out where the water is coming from....

My truck was parked, windows up, doors locked, both driver and passenger's floorboard were drenched. After a heavy rain, I went to get in my truck to go get feed and the carpet was soaked. It's just clear water, no smell.

Had the dash pulled off and checked AC for blockage, no leaks under the truck except water from AC, pulled carpet back, ran water for 30 to 45 mintues over cab, up and around tires and front end of truck to see if my truck leaked.....nothing. :roll:

I drove it during heavy rain and even just sat in it during a heavy rain......still nothing. :roll:

I can't figure it out, and this has happened 3 different times. I thought that I had a hole in the floor, but can't find one.

Any clues?

thank you

Never leaked when I was making payments on it and it was still under warranty......go figure.

cowboyup216":1zs1sj9u said:
Heater core is leaking. That is usually the main cause of "water in the floorboards" when no winders have been left down. Or it could even be the weather stripping somewhere on the truck leaking. Smelled any antifreeze or anything lately?

I think she answered your question on her very first post: :roll:

It's just clear water, no smell.

What type of truck and year?

If it's an older (70s or 80s) Chevy, there is a good chance that the drain is plugged up. The drain is located under the grill in front of the windshield , but behind the hood. Remove the metal grill by taking off the windshield arms, remove the 5 or 6 screws holding the grill on. You should see the drain when you look down in the holes. The drains usually either stop up or come loose. Either way it will cause water to run in.

cowboyup216":139isldb said:
Mike C. I have had about enough of your sarcasm. I am going to tell you what I told cfpinz, msscamp, and others. Do not post snide remarks or sarcasm on here after I have posted something. Leave it alone. If you continue to try and instigate things I will hijack every single post that you ever make on here and will post something sarcastic on every single one of them. Unless you want me to make your life miserable on here I suggest that you leave well enough alone. That is all Im saying.

I could not care less what you told others.

YOU, make MY life miserable?

Now that's just downright comical. :lol: :lol:

If you think you can threaten me, that's even more comical. :lol:

MikeC":zqtahzna said:
cowboyup216":zqtahzna said:
Mike C. I have had about enough of your sarcasm. I am going to tell you what I told cfpinz, msscamp, and others. Do not post snide remarks or sarcasm on here after I have posted something. Leave it alone. If you continue to try and instigate things I will hijack every single post that you ever make on here and will post something sarcastic on every single one of them. Unless you want me to make your life miserable on here I suggest that you leave well enough alone. That is all Im saying.

Guys,

What the heck happened?

Back to my problem.....it's a 2000 Dodge P/U. I am the original owner. Practical joke is what I thought also, but then it would be my older brother. He is so anal about how he keeps his vehicles that he would never think of something like that. I always keep my truck locked. There is no smell, but it is just like someone poured a large amount of water on each side.

Just_a_girl":1as71pch said:
MikeC":1as71pch said:
cowboyup216":1as71pch said:

Guys,

What the heck happened?

Back to my problem.....it's a 2000 Dodge P/U. I am the original owner. Practical joke is what I thought also, but then it would be my older brother. He is so anal about how he keeps his vehicles that he would never think of something like that. I always keep my truck locked. There is no smell, but it is just like someone poured a large amount of water on each side.

Sorry, That fool got bent out of shape when I showed him what you said about clear water.

That said. Check the weatherstripping on the doors. ;-)

Wife has a 99 Dodge, her floorboard stays wet from time to time also, mostly on the driver's side. I've never really dug into it. Most all of my Fords leak, I've found that once a hole has rusted in the floor they drain well.

cfpinz

Careful Mike - you've been warned! :lol:

cowboyup216
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reverting back to his old ways again I see.

MikeC":m1cr30hg said:
Just_a_girl":m1cr30hg said:
MikeC":m1cr30hg said:
cowboyup216":m1cr30hg said:

Guys,

What the heck happened?

Sorry, That fool got bent out of shape when I showed him what you said about clear water.

That said. Check the weatherstripping on the doors. ;-)

No problem.....just wondered what happened....I go eat dinner, come back to find you guys attacking each other.
:shock:

I appreciate all the information though......thanks!

cfpinz":1b9yw07t said:
I've found that once a hole has rusted in the floor they drain well.

cfpinz

That is what I'm afraid of, dragging my feet along the road as I'm going 65 or 70 MPH. :lol:

This happened to me years ago. I'm trying to remember, but I think the tray where the windshield wipers were was somehow stopped up and the water was coming in and dripping down the inside of the firewall. I cleaned er out and the water stopped leaking.

I could be full of crap though..... that was many years, and thousands of fixes ago......

The Bachelor":3my60oj3 said:
This happened to me years ago. I'm trying to remember, but I think the tray where the windshield wipers were was somehow stopped up and the water was coming in and dripping down the inside of the firewall. I cleaned er out and the water stopped leaking.

I could be full of crap though..... that was many years, and thousands of fixes ago......

You just made me think of something about my wipers........and this is worth checking......thank you!

Just_a_girl":29j94ywb said:
cfpinz":29j94ywb said:

cfpinz

That is what I'm afraid of, dragging my feet along the road as I'm going 65 or 70 MPH. :lol:

What have you got against hillbilly brakes? That's how cfpinz stops his trucks.

Could easily be seals around the windshield or door. Get inside and let somebody turn a water hose loose on ya'! I had a hatchback car once that it took forever for us to find the leak.

cfpinz":w9ibjkiy said:

cfpinz

That made me smile....... I was not above drillin holes in the floorboards to fix heater core or seal problems on some of my ol trucks (probably still not....)

Angus/Brangus":3i3iwqwt said:
Since the heater services both floors boards, I would agree that would be a likely culprit. It could be the weather seals on the doors but what are the odds that both sets would let go at the same time?

It might not be that the seals are bad - the door could be out of alignment and when it shuts it is pinching the seal allowing water to seep in. Stranger things have happened! Replacing door hinges is not a fun job but that would likely solve the alignment problem.

dun":3gh21i75 said:
Just_a_girl":3gh21i75 said:
cfpinz":3gh21i75 said:

cfpinz

What have you got against hillbilly brakes? That's how cfpinz stops his trucks.

Only when the wife's not with me. Did you see the size of the feet on that woman??? :shock:

cfpinz

Latest posts