virus

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
have just seen a warning about two new viruses on computers.

not sure how true they are but better safe than sorry.

dont open even if sent by a friend or known sender any e-mails marked 'WTC Survivor' you may think it is a story about 9/11 but in fact it is a virus that will wipe out the C drive of the computer.

and the other one is "Invitation" it is an Olympic torch that will burn out the zero sector of the hard drive. and the computer wont even open up after this one

There are no known cures for these viruses, pass the word

chrisy":2a3a91uk said:
have just seen a warning about two new viruses on computers.

not sure how true they are but better safe than sorry.

dont open even if sent by a friend or known sender any e-mails marked 'WTC Survivor' you may think it is a story about 9/11 but in fact it is a virus that will wipe out the C drive of the computer.

and the other one is "Invitation" it is an Olympic torch that will burn out the zero sector of the hard drive. and the computer wont even open up after this one

There are no known cures for these viruses, pass the word

Chrisy

I never open a file or attachment.

Folks want me to see it they had better cut it and paste it in - otherwise it goes in the trash can.

I rarely will visit a url either - never know what you will be hit with.

Bez!

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/d ... .hoax.html

Symantec Security Response encourages you to ignore any messages regarding this hoax. It is harmless and is intended only to cause unwarranted concern.

Type: Hoax

The first version of this hoax began circulating in October 2001:

I just received a couple of emails regarding a "new" virus with the following message in the body of the email:

Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:50:15 -0500
Subject: Fwd: FW: Warning- New Virus: "WTC Survivor"

did a google search for the other one too... it is also a hoax

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/invitation.asp

The classics never go away, it seems, so just in time for the 2006 Winter Olympics someone has dusted off an old virus warning hoax (most commonly seen in its incarnation as the "[Virtual] Card for You" hoax) and reintroduced it as an "Olympic Torch" virus warning (also known as the "Invitation virus"). The same basic hoax has been circulating in various languages since at least 2000, with occasional changes along the way. No such (incurable) virus exists, has been identified by McAfee, or was reported on by CNN.

Latest posts