Virus in KY

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
kenny thomas said:
Liquor stores and lawyers should be non-essential. Make it in the woods while social distancing

Let me know when your ahhh "lawyer in the bush is ready" I will be glad to help open a case. :lol:

I don't know how it will be but I don't see them opening schools back up this year, at least I hope not. I think schools would be a major source of spread for the disease with so many people in close proximity. I am hoping that the spread will slow and things can start to come back open at some point in the next couple months. The bigger grocery stores here are taking some visible preventative steps. The feed stores are taking care of customers from outside not letting the public in the stores. Places like Rural King seem to be business as usual. We try to stay out of there on a good day but had to go the other night in a near emergency, the chicken heat lamp went out.

ga.prime said:
kenny thomas said:
Been wanting to say that all day. Courts are closed so why do we need lawyers. Hahaha
Real estate closings.
ssttery knows I'm messing with him but seriously what does it take to be an essential business?
Even anything in my job could wait a month except for responding to wildfires. But I'm still going every day.

Countries that thought they had the virus under control are getting a second wave. We are not over the first yet. If we get a second round there will be no 135 million people at the polls come November or 200 million doing Christmas shopping.

Also animals are testing positive for the virus.

A Tiger at Bronx Zoo Tests Positive for COVID-19

https://newsroom.wcs.org/News-Releases/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/14010/A-Tiger-at-Bronx-Zoo-Tests-Positive-for-COVID-19-The-Tiger-and-the-Zoos-Other-Cats-Are-Doing-Well-at-This-Time.aspx

kenny thomas said:
Liquor stores and lawyers should be non-essential. Make it in the woods while social distancing

Liquor stores are essential, sadly. Quitting alcohol cold turkey is life threatening for serious alcoholics, and many more would be ingesting all kinds of dangerous substances to get their fix if the stores closed. Now isn't the time to be trying to tackle that societal problem.

Bigfoot said:
Hero, I think schools will be the last to back. Shoulder to shoulder, tons of flat surfaces, eating together........It's the trifecta of virus transfer.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess some are just trying to be optimistic, but I just don't see things opening back up for a few more months.

We're on a 21 day stay-at-home order with all non-essential businesses closed. What kills me is that restaurants are still open WITH DELIVERY! Seriously? All these folks concerned about contracting it, and yet they still have folks make food for them....

Our work numbers have fallen off, and there will be furloughs. I'm healthcare. If that doesn't scare you about the state of our future economy, I don't know what will. In 3-4 months I'm guessing it's going to be ugly. Right now the hope of the stimulus is propping everything up, but I'm not excited about the long term financial effects of this thing.

I don't understand why courts can't continue to run? We have video conferencing, there's no need for a shutdown of that.

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:
I am sorry, but this will be new normal for at least 6 more months to a year. A virus just does not disappear with summer. Everyone now needs to prepare for the long haul.

I will bet you a hamburger it's not.
Our society can not stand or will not tolerate it that long.
It will be Americans killing Americans before then IMO. With 33% unemployment things will get ugly fast.
Some people tend to look at the world as they are, and not as it is.
Doomer boomers..I find it more than a little disheartening that it mostly is NOT the millennial, or the genxers, or any of the younger demographics that are so pessimistic but the direct offspring of a generation that endured the great depression and WW2/Korean War. Our parents endured 4 years of a world war, shortages and rationing and we haven't even been able to get thru 60 days without their sons and daughters proclaiming this is going to be the end of American civilization?
Good grief Charlie Brown..so much for "American Exceptionalism"...
History has shown the American and North American economies in general are extremely resilient, but some people act like Detroit is never going to build another car, the eating places won't ever reopen, and there will never again be another construction project started much less completed and there's just no evidence to support that frame of mind.

greybeard said:
Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:
I am sorry, but this will be new normal for at least 6 more months to a year. A virus just does not disappear with summer. Everyone now needs to prepare for the long haul.

It will be Americans killing Americans before then IMO. With 33% unemployment things will get ugly fast.
Doomer boomers..I find it more than a little disheartening that it mostly is NOT the millennial, or the genxers, or any of the younger demographics that are so pessimistic but the direct offspring of a generation that endured the great depression and WW2/Korean War. Our parents endured 4 years of a world war, shortages and rationing and we haven't even been able to get thru 60 days without their sons and daughters proclaiming this is going to be the end of American civilization?
History has shown the American and North American economies in general are extremely resilient, but some people act like Detroit is never going to build another car, the eating places won't ever reopen, and there will never again be another construction project started much less completed and there's just no evidence to support that frame of mind.

It's real simple if your neighbors are out of work it's recession. If your out of work its depression. Thirty three percent of the work force is a lot of depression. The unemployment rate was 25% in the Great Depression.
Again 33% is the number the talking heads are using.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/economy/articles/2020-03-23/fed-official-unemployment-could-hit-30-as-coronavirus-slams-economy%3fcontext=amp

greybeard said:
Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:

I agree. We have relatives who lived through a depression followed by a world war, and now many are about to lose their minds after a few weeks because they can't go about their normal routine, and they think if we don't hurry and get back to normal, it could be the end of the world. It's already been the end of the world for those who have died from the virus. I'll be fine if it means saving lives, even if I tragically run out of toilet paper.

Buck Randall said:
kenny thomas said:

Liquor stores are essential, sadly. Quitting alcohol cold turkey is life threatening for serious alcoholics, and many more would be ingesting all kinds of dangerous substances to get their fix if the stores closed. Now isn't the time to be trying to tackle that societal problem.
No liquor or tobacco products being sold here, legally that is. We were informed about the lockdown and had 2 days to prepare, I didn't see it but apparently there were extremely long queues at bottle stores :p There's gotta be some desperate people out there by now. Another thing, crime rate has dropped radically since the lockdown(for now anyway).

It's real simple if your neighbors are out of work it's recession. If your out of work its depression. Thirty three percent of the work force is a lot of depression. The unemployment rate was 25% in the Great Depression.

Dead people don't need jobs and sick people can't work.
Here's a list. Go ahead and pick out how many and which ones you consider nothing more than 'collateral damage/acceptable losses" just so people's 401s and other economic influenced paradigms can return to 'normal'..
https://cattletoday.com/forum/memberlist.php

And here's your mask..

greybeard said:

Here's a list. Go ahead and pick out how many and which ones you consider nothing more than 'collateral damage/acceptable losses" just so people's 401s and other economic influenced paradigms can return to 'normal'..

And here's your mask..

Can't reason with scared.
Still 50k behind seasonal flu.
Time will tell.

Caustic Burno said:
greybeard said:

And here's your mask..

Time will tell.

The point is if the seasonal flu hit everybody the same month like Covid 19 is doing, and if the flu were as contagious as Covid 19 is, we would be in a world of hurt every year just like we are right now due to Covid 19.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Caustic Burno said:
greybeard said:

And here's your mask..

Time will tell.

The point is if the seasonal flu hit everybody the same month like Covid 19 is doing, and if the flu were as contagious as Covid 19 is, we would be in a world of hurt every year just like we are right now due to Covid 19.

You don't know that.
The 2009 H1N1 killed three times as many world wide as Covid has so far and the world wasn't peeing down their leg. Maybe since it started in the USA it wasn't as newsworthy.
The ring master media wasn't pumping it for ratings.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/41539-2009-swine-flu-death-toll-higher.html

Caustic Burno said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Caustic Burno said:
Time will tell.

You don't know that.
The 2009 H1N1 killed three times as many world wide as Covid has so far and the world wasn't peeing down their leg. Maybe since it started in the USA it wasn't as newsworthy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/41539-2009-swine-flu-death-toll-higher.html

Don't recall ever seeing hospitals overrun with patients during flu season. It takes a natural disaster or war to do that. Thus event rises to that level. Get out of the big thicket and see what's really going on.

Caustic Burno said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Caustic Burno said:
Time will tell.

You don't know that.

So you're saying that NY and other cities has this issue every year with ventilator shortages, makeshift morgues, and funeral home strain related to the flu, but it's just not reported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts