China and the Virus

Help Support CattleToday:

Redgully

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 13, 2018
Messages
1,668
Reaction score
387
Location
Karragullen, Western Australia
My brother in law is in the medical field, he recently did some work and study on corona. He was a disbeliever but after what he saw and learnt is pretty freaked out now. He talked about seeing the damage it does to the human body particularly the lungs. He said to me if you get it and you start going down hill your prospects are quite grim.
 

TennesseeTuxedo

CT Supporter
CT Supporter
Joined
Jul 9, 2011
Messages
18,855
Reaction score
3,554
Location
Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Redgully said:
My brother in law is in the medical field, he recently did some work and study on corona. He was a disbeliever but after what he saw and learnt is pretty freaked out now. He talked about seeing the damage it does to the human body particularly the lungs. He said to me if you get it and you start going down hill your prospects are quite grim.

I’ve read the same thing. It is truly a nasty virus.
 

Redgully

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 13, 2018
Messages
1,668
Reaction score
387
Location
Karragullen, Western Australia
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Redgully said:
My brother in law is in the medical field, he recently did some work and study on corona. He was a disbeliever but after what he saw and learnt is pretty freaked out now. He talked about seeing the damage it does to the human body particularly the lungs. He said to me if you get it and you start going down hill your prospects are quite grim.

I’ve read the same thing. It is truly a nasty virus.

Another thing he was told is they are terrified the virus will mutate to something really aggressive. Apparently there are already two strains and the longer it spreads the more it may mutate. This makes developing a vaccine tricky.
 

Caustic Burno

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
27,356
Reaction score
2,336
Location
Big Thicket East Texas
Redgully said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Redgully said:
My brother in law is in the medical field, he recently did some work and study on corona. He was a disbeliever but after what he saw and learnt is pretty freaked out now. He talked about seeing the damage it does to the human body particularly the lungs. He said to me if you get it and you start going down hill your prospects are quite grim.

I’ve read the same thing. It is truly a nasty virus.

Another thing he was told is they are terrified the virus will mutate to something really aggressive. Apparently there are already two strains and the longer it spreads the more it may mutate. This makes developing a vaccine tricky.

There not going to stop it from mutating . That’s how it keeps jumping species SARS, MERS, etc same reason they can’t eradicate the flu it keeps mutating.
 

Buck Randall

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 5, 2019
Messages
1,872
Reaction score
1,718
Caustic Burno said:
Redgully said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
I’ve read the same thing. It is truly a nasty virus.

Another thing he was told is they are terrified the virus will mutate to something really aggressive. Apparently there are already two strains and the longer it spreads the more it may mutate. This makes developing a vaccine tricky.

There not going to stop it from mutating . That’s how it keeps jumping species SARS, MERS, etc same reason they can’t eradicate the flu it keeps mutating.
The more you allow it to reproduce, the more chances it gets to mutate. The more people it is exposed to, the more likely that one of those mutations takes hold and becomes successful, instead of dying out.
 

sstterry

CT Supporter
CT Supporter
Joined
Jul 8, 2017
Messages
5,176
Reaction score
2,077
Location
Bulls Gap, TN
Redgully said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Redgully said:
My brother in law is in the medical field, he recently did some work and study on corona. He was a disbeliever but after what he saw and learnt is pretty freaked out now. He talked about seeing the damage it does to the human body particularly the lungs. He said to me if you get it and you start going down hill your prospects are quite grim.

I’ve read the same thing. It is truly a nasty virus.

Another thing he was told is they are terrified the virus will mutate to something really aggressive. Apparently there are already two strains and the longer it spreads the more it may mutate. This makes developing a vaccine tricky.
At least some good news. I just heard a researcher say that after extensive study that this virus is mutating much slower than a normal virus and the mutations are not changing it drastically. So, if they can formulate a vaccine, it should be protective for 2 to 3 years.
 

ga.prime

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
5,716
Reaction score
49
Location
So. Cent. Ga.
sstterry said:
At least some good news. I just heard a researcher say that after extensive study that this virus is mutating much slower than a normal virus and the mutations are not changing it drastically. So, if they can formulate a vaccine, it should be protective for 2 to 3 years.
I read that same thing.
 

greybeard

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 5, 2012
Messages
21,763
Reaction score
3,112
Location
Cleveland Tx
Buck Randall said:
The more you allow it to reproduce, the more chances it gets to mutate. The more people it is exposed to, the more likely that one of those mutations takes hold and becomes successful, instead of dying out.
Exactly. It doesn't always make 'exact' copies of itself, but usually it does. It's only rarely a change takes place but the change only takes place during replication. The more chances it has to replicate, the higher the odds it will make an 'undesirable' or more threatening change to itself, and it most likely won't happen 'all at once' either. It will likely take more than one mutation, perhaps even many many many different separate mutations.Baby steps..then, there it is...

An 'undesirable' change for instance, might be to obtain the ability to much more easily affect younger people and even infants and children. The more often it has a chance to infect a child, the more likely it becomes that it will make the little changes over time to make the young ones it's primary infection target.
We are learning about it...it is learning about us as well.
 

Latest posts

Top