Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blueberry

• Blackberry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Limomike":1xalrtd5 said:
I have to admit.. I like them all. Give me a cup of coffee and one of those pies, and I'm good. :D

That's pretty much where I'm at. I prefer peach cobbler as poopsed to pie and cherry pie is great, too. I read the other day where a slice of pecan pie has like 800 calories. I got a whole one in the freezer at home.

But just give me a pie and some coffee and I'm good.

Hey Joe! That Peeeeeeecan, :oops: :oops: to many eeeee's I think :( Sounds good 8) Is that from scratch or do You shop Bakers Square? ;-)

The Boss can do Bakers Square, but I'm not sure about from scratch. :(

mnmtranching":sl5ikhxi said:
Hey Joe! That Peeeeeeecan, :oops: :oops: to many eeeee's I think :( Sounds good 8) Is that from scratch or do You shop Bakers Square? ;-)

What are you talking about "The Boss"? She was just on here the other day telling us you were going practicing on pie crusts.....
I'm sure we are all anxiously awaiting an update on your progress. Takes a fine hand to make a nice crust Mnmt :p

mnmtranching":1hopiurv said:

The crust is done either way but much simpler and just as good on pecan to just buy the crust. We have two groves of pecans and usually have them running out our ears so pecan pies are quite common at the house. As well as pecan tarts, pecan danishes, pecan cinnamon rolls, roasted pecans, candied pecans, etc. etc. Did I mention I like pecans. :p

All of the above. :heart: . :banana: and banana! :banana:
Would you believe I saw pecan pie filling in a jar in the store?! :shock:
Just add eggs and the crust!
Also saw hardboiled eggs ,shelled in a package! :oops: :shock: But what tops the list for me is the frozen peanutbutter n' jelly sandwichs! :lol: :???:

Jogeephus":3ge5cz6h said:
mnmtranching":3ge5cz6h said:

The crust is done either way but much simpler and just as good on pecan to just buy the crust. We have two groves of pecans and usually have them running out our ears so pecan pies are quite common at the house. As well as pecan tarts, pecan danishes, pecan cinnamon rolls, roasted pecans, candied pecans, etc. etc. Did I mention I like pecans. :p

We have a big pecan tree in the front yard and a big one in the back. Me and the squirells have a get together every year and share pecans.
Ate a big bole full with honey on them one time.Never again up all night with the back door trots.

Cal

angie":csv905ua said:
mnmtranching":csv905ua said:

What are you talking about "The Boss"? She was just on here the other day telling us you were going practicing on pie crusts.....
I'm sure we are all anxiously awaiting an update on your progress. Takes a fine hand to make a nice crust Mnmt :p

Hey Angie :shock: My turn to cook :( I made the Boss scrambled
eggs and toast for supper. :oops: She even said "job well done"

ummmm sort of. Are pie crusts bout on the same level as scrambled eggs??

Calman":hhspthyh said:
Jogeephus":hhspthyh said:
mnmtranching":hhspthyh said:

We have a big pecan tree in the front yard and a big one in the back. Me and the squirells have a get together every year and share pecans.
Ate a big bole full with honey on them one time.Never again up all night with the back door trots.

Cal

Too much information :mrgreen:
Now how the he!! do I get that picture out of my head :?: :lol:

mnmtranching":7l0mmfy4 said:
Are pie crusts bout on the same level as scrambled eggs??

Not in your wildest dreams... :lol:

angie":1an9vg2e said:
Alice":1an9vg2e said:
mnmtranching":1an9vg2e said:
Are pie crusts bout on the same level as scrambled eggs??

Not in your wildest dreams... :lol:

No, not in your wildest dreams indeed. But good on you for making supper ;-)

Well, mnmt made the eggs, and they were good, as always. But now I have to convince him that making pie crust does NOT mean buying the "ready-made" one in the store! (He wants to cheat. :shock: )

Angus/Brangus":3pqppnp6 said:
Jogeephus":3pqppnp6 said:
mnmtranching":3pqppnp6 said:

Jogee - a serious question here; are these pies etc made with light, dark or pure cane syrup?? I gotta know as I'm in competition with my wife on such things.

Cairo Syrup is what we use. Its a light clear syrup. Here is a quick recipe
3 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup light corn syrup, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 cup melted butter, 1 cup finally chopped pecans

Beat egg slightly, add sugar, syrup, salt and vanilla. Blend well but don't overbeat. Add butter. Stir in pecans. Pour in pastry shell and bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until you can stick a knife in it and it come out clean.

Well, my favourite is custard and pecan danish, so I voted for the peeeecan pie.

I dont mind apple pie, but the best apple dessert is apple and passionfruit shortcake. Yum!!

You got me all hungry now and I dont have anything remotely sweet in the house.

Latest posts