Very fortunate..

Help Support CattleToday:

Got 2 3/10ths last night. Makes about 8-9 inches the last 3 weeks for me. I've had the hay cutter hooked to the tractor and ready to go for weeks now. Guess I should unhook and throw out some fertilizer somewhere. Bet that would make it stop and dry things up.

🤔 might could really mess with it and hook back up to the cutter after I threw the fertilizer out...😂🤣
Yup. We have picked up another couple inches here and there. 1/2" now causes run off.

We got .4" last night and dodged the bullet. The big rains didnt make it far enough south and and big cell went just 15 miles south. It would have definitely taken some water gaps out.

Got pretty good chances next week. I was first on the list for the hay man and gave him the go ahead to get after it when its dry enough.

Here too.
A little hail came with it but pretty small.
I'm gonna have to buy a bigger lawn tractor if it doesn't stop raining soon.

We have dodged the bullet several times. Just north of us they have gotten 4" and 5" bursts that have washed out fence gaps and stuff. We are been getting an inch or so at a time which causes running off but not enough to do damage.

The bermuda seed is coming up all on the damn and around the edges. Its had plenty of water to seal up with.

Hay fields are over grown waiting for it to get dry enough for hay man.

Here too.
A little hail came with it but pretty small.
I'm gonna have to buy a bigger lawn tractor if it doesn't stop raining soon.
🤔 Or maybe put on some flotation tires...?...😄

A lot of these storms have produced hail with some gusty winds. So far nothing really bad though I did see one hay barn with the middle portion torn up and a corn field with spots where the corn is flatted to the ground.

Other than during hurricanes I have never heard Texans complain about it being wet before. I need to make a trip. Never seen it green except for CB's corner of the state.

I started feeding hay yesterday!
First time ever in June due to drowning conditions.
I have not planted sorghum or anything.
I don't have the first bale of hay from this year, usually I have next years up by now.
This too shall pass.

Other than during hurricanes I have never heard Texans complain about it being wet before. I need to make a trip. Never seen it green except for CB's corner of the state.

Water from hurricanes comes and goes pretty quickly, even if the storm stuck around a few days, and it falls in torrents which runs off if it can. The current weather pattern has been going on now for going on over 3 weeks here, with the daily rainfall being just enough to soak the ground and turn the whole area soft and treacherous. For all intents and purposes, this has been going on almost daily since just before May 1 now. The file info on my phone says I took this picture May 1. The FM road in front of my place. That water has gone down within a couple of days but the rain has not let up much.

may1.jpg

... and to top it off they are showing storms in the gulf toward end of June and another first of July.

If we get a storm that dumps 10" or some thing like that the damages from flooding will be bad. All the creeks and rivers are up. Tanks, ditches, etc are plum full. Many pastures with crops are sitting in water. Any rain we get will be almost 100% run off.

We had a neighbors tree fall on a new fence 2 weeks ago. You would have to stand in about 4" of water to cut it out and repair the fence.

I think there's a bullseye smack dab over the ranch. Another 2.75" today but our closest neighbor a mile away only got 1.25". The overflow at the lake is completely submerged; you can barely see the funnel & the water is a good 25 ft. up the 48 ft. dam. We've already lost some trees this year & they're halfway under water again. Roads are perpetually washed out. BUT still better than a drought.IMG_20210607_155610649_LI.jpg

This is the 3rd day of good sunshine and no rain. The grass is really likeing it. No significant rain chances in the forecast until end of next week. We need some time for this stuff to soak in or we will end up like CB. Lots of water still standing.

Yesterday we got over an inch.
Not supposed to rain today, if not it will be the first day without rain in months.
The top of this sand hill starts getting mushy just walking on it. The ground is that saturated.
A disaster would be to get something tropical with wind on these trees.
January though May we have received 34" our yearly total is normally 58".

This is a good site to look at your rainfall amounts.

It is wetter here than when Harvey came through.
Get inch or more daily, can't drive the Mule through the pasture without making ruts.
I haven't sprayed, fertilized or had the first bale cut. It's okay I will take this any day over drought. Wished I could spread it out over July and August.
CB will it effect you if they have problems with Rayburn and Dam B. Looks like who evers in charge of releases, is setting this up for a disaster of biblical proportions

CB will it effect you if they have problems with Rayburn and Dam B. Looks like who evers in charge of releases, is setting this up for a disaster of biblical proportions
They had the same issue a couple years ago. We were told there has been too much development down stream so they cant release enough water to always keep up with what's coming in.

Latest posts