Vermeer 505 Super I Baler Hydraulics

Help Support CattleToday:

rocky123

Reaction score
I am having tailgate problems. I am using a Kubota M 6800 tractor with two hydraulic remotes. The tailgate raises normally for about the first 25% and then it is very slow. My pressure gauge on the baler reaches 550 psi on the high end and when the control valve on the tractor is in the neutral position the pressure falls to 250-200 psi with the tailgate slowly closing down but stops before closing. I am trying to find out if the problem is in the raising hydraulic rams on the baler or in the hydraulic controls mounted on the inside of the A frame of the baler. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. I do have a way to remove hoses on hydraulic cylinder and plug them but I understand the pressure may reach somewhere in the range of 2500 psi. If standing in the front of the baler the left side of the A frame of the baler hydraulic controls do make a hissing sound when trying to raise tailgate. I am inclined to think this could be the problem. Thank you in advance.

rocky123":3i5ylgqq said:
I am having tailgate problems. I am using a Kubota M 6800 tractor with two hydraulic remotes. The tailgate raises normally for about the first 25% and then it is very slow. My pressure gauge on the baler reaches 550 psi on the high end and when the control valve on the tractor is in the neutral position the pressure falls to 250-200 psi with the tailgate slowly closing down but stops before closing. I am trying to find out if the problem is in the raising hydraulic rams on the baler or in the hydraulic controls mounted on the inside of the A frame of the baler. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. I do have a way to remove hoses on hydraulic cylinder and plug them but I understand the pressure may reach somewhere in the range of 2500 psi. If standing in the front of the baler the left side of the A frame of the baler hydraulic controls do make a hissing sound when trying to raise tailgate. I am inclined to think this could be the problem. Thank you in advance.
It wouldn't have an air lock in it would it? maybe a cylinder needs to be bled? I have a batwing bushhog that after a while one side will not fold up all the way....it will stop just short of where it needs to go, I then have to remove the plug in the side of the hydraulic cylinder after I have let it back down first to relieve the pressure....then raise it back up and it lets all the air out and then it goes all the way up. Don't know if you may have this same kind of problem or not.

Banjo thank you for your reply. I found my parts book and I have removed the pilot hydraulic check valve. First I will flush it to make sure there is not any trash in the check valve and then disassmble it to check for O ring damage and hopefully that will take care of it. Since the two cylinders are tied together to raise the tailgate I don't think both cylinders would be leaking at the same time. I tried bleeding air from the cylinders prior to this. Air can play funny games on us concerning hydraulics. Again thank you for your response.

I think it is in the connection to your tractor. Go get the ends off of a piece of equipment that works correctly and trade with your bailer. Have had the same problem on a hay cutter. The pressure on the bailer does not indicate the hydrolic pressure the gate is operating at. My kubotas will not operate with the cheaper quick connect fittings. I think milton is the brand I use.

Latest posts