Valentines

Help Support CattleToday:

Reminds me of a "running joke" with my parents... When mom hit 50 dad said he was going to have to trade her in on 2, 25 yr olds... mom said go ahead, and you'll die of a heart attack and I will be free to find some nice young man who will appreciate me... he promptly was quiet... at 60 went through the whole thing with 2, 30 yr olds and mom said " you will never be able to keep up with them... She deteriorated into dementia/alzheimers and lost her in June 2021 at 88 and he took care of her with caregivers right to the end, he left us in Sept 2021... at 87; don't think he wanted to live without her, but I can think of things like that and smile...
He always made sure she got remembered on the different holidays.... and she, him.
Have a good friend who told his wife who had just turned 40 that he was trading her in on 2(20's) . She told him his plug in was too little for 2(20's). He never used that line again! 😁

I am lucky my wife's birthday is the 13th. So I get 2 for the price of one. On her birthday I got her flowers and a card. We went to town for dinner that night. On Valentine day we said "Happy Valentine" to each other in the morning. That was it.

The best part about being single is you don't have to worry about Valentines.
The best part about being with your partner for 30+ years is buying a card, reminiscing, and I did go all out and make pizza. But no way did Mr. TC pony up and be "gate bytch" for a day!

My husband and I first met in 1980. I rode my horse into his hayfield and he came riding up on a black horse, very handsome. He lifted his hat and said Howdy ma'm what are you doing? I said I'm riding my horse. what does it look like I'm doing? He said, Well, you are on my ranch. I said THIS IS NOT YOUR RANCH (thinking I was on the state park land, also illegal). He said yes it is. I said no it's not, yes it is, no it's not. So he lifted his hat and said All right then , be careful and rode off.

We became friends for the next 40 years. He would always help me if my truck was stuck in the sand or a tree fell on the road. He knew more about horses that I did. We enjoyed going to bull auctions. A giant forest fire burned up the whole country in 2011. A giant wall of fire was coming down the hill and he said to me Maybe you should get out of here. I said Jarad, I will never leave you! We moved in together in a ranch out building because it was the only structure left standing in the whole country. I was shocked that 5 years later he asked me to marry him. This a never married cowboy, do you know how rare that is?

Last night he took me out to dinner and a bunch of people at another table got up to leave and told us We did not hear what you were saying but we sure enjoyed all the laughter.

IMG_1849.jpegYes, I am a sensitive yet brutally masculine specimen with an artistic flair.

Yes, my work is available for purchase. Make her fall head over heels in love with you again, commission a custom piece today! It won't be cheap, but it will be worth it when she showers you with unbridled affection.

In all seriousness, she really liked it.

View attachment 41018Yes, I am a sensitive yet brutally masculine specimen with an artistic flair.

Yes, my work is available for purchase. Make her fall head over heels in love with you again, commission a custom piece today! It won't be cheap, but it will be worth it when she showers you with unbridled affection.

In all seriousness, she really liked it.
Gee wiz, what is stopping everyone. My excuse is I'm as single as a pringle.

Latest posts