Pre- Valentines Day surprise for wife

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
This is our first Valentines as a married couple. She is a teacher, and they are having a Valentines Day party at school. I got the idea that I will show up there with a dozen roses. I'm a 40 year old farmer, this is a new world for me. :lol:

Get her 13, and tell her she was far to special for just a dozen--------Advice from a guy that has never bought flowers.

if you take flowers to her school, it won't matter what they are or how many. every woman loves getting flowers in front of their peers, no matter what they might tell you.

Aunt Bea told Andy not to make a fuss over her birthday and to get her something practical, but she was pissed when she got a dozen canning jars. But that Bed Jacket made her day. Course, it wasn't worth Eagle Eye Annie in my mind, but who am I to say? :)

SJB":3su747gr said:
if you take flowers to her school, it won't matter what they are or how many. every woman loves getting flowers in front of their peers, no matter what they might tell you.

I agree, but under no circumstances feed her a heavy meal. Heavy meals has made for some not-so-romantic Valentines days for me till I learned.

Bigfoot":fvpbk3nq said:
Get her 13, and tell her she was far to special for just a dozen--------Advice from a guy that has never bought flowers.
I`ve never bought flowers either but sound like GOOD advise :nod:

Now don't over do it, cause then you'll be setting a precedent that she'll expect. ;-)

Just kidding, surprising her at work in front of her peers will mean a lot to her.

Doing the dishes, or cooking a meal out of blue will get you some brownie points as well. A good lady is worth a little effort.

Don't get her a treadmill or gym membership. Just trust me, don't do that.

Thanks y'all lots of good advice for future ventures. Big Foot, I think she would really appreciate your idea of 13 instead of 12.
She is originally from Oklahoma, and is new to this area, so I thought it might be a nice thing to do for her. She is a blessing in my life.

Ky hills":1rbxa3a7 said:
Thanks y'all lots of good advice for future ventures. Big Foot, I think she would really appreciate your idea of 13 instead of 12.
She is originally from Oklahoma, and is new to this area, so I thought it might be a nice thing to do for her. She is a blessing in my life.

Sounds like you guys are happy, and that's the main thing. I'll soon be 45. Been married about half my life now. Can't believe I'm talking this way, but as I look back, I was a great father, and a terrible husband. I never have been sensitive to my wife's feminine side. I never give gifts, Christmas , birthdays etc. No surprises of any kind. Focused a lot more on work, and the farm, than I ever did her. Then, when the kids came along they became the center of my world. We do everything together, and leave her out. I guess I could change today, if I really wanted to. I'm not big on commitments that I won't meet. I know I won't miraculously become a sensitive man over night. I'd encourage you to continue to pamper her. Mine deserved it, and never got it. I was at least honest about it. I've been this way a long time. It didn't just slip up on me overnight.

Ky hills":208bokfk said:
This is our first Valentines as a married couple. She is a teacher, and they are having a Valentines Day party at school. I got the idea that I will show up there with a dozen roses. I'm a 40 year old farmer, this is a new world for me. :lol:
Do not deliver them in person. Have the florist deliver them.
It preserves the illusion that she is married to a romantic 30 year old farmer.

ez14":3ngfrp5w said:
Bigfoot":3ngfrp5w said:

Excellent choice!!! After 34 yrs I have learned two things never forget! And don't ever be a smart ass and tie a bow on it!!

In my younger days, I followed some sage advice I was given and always picked a fuss right before Christmas. Never had to buy a gf a Christmas gift or go 'home to eat dinner with the folks' or buy a Valentines gift. Makeup got a little expensive, but no time had to be wasted.
I've been tamed now by a wife--having learned from observation, that "Love may be grand but divorce is $50 grand", but I think it's still good advice for a younger guy to follow while engaged in the happiness of pursuit. It'll save ya a ton of $$ and aggravation, and there's always a new one around the corner if she doesn't want to make up after Valentine's Day.

:hide:

W.T":1r4t8c1g said:
ez14":1r4t8c1g said:
Bigfoot":1r4t8c1g said:

Excellent choice!!! After 34 yrs I have learned two things never forget! And don't ever be a smart be nice and tie a bow on it!!

Old HS girl friends name dropped in conversation can make it real quite for about a week as well.
That still locks up the works after 45 years.

Caustic Burno":1afica01 said:
ez14":1afica01 said:
Bigfoot":1afica01 said:

Old HS girl friends name dropped in conversation can make it real quite for about a week as well.
That still locks up the works after 45 years.
my mom and dad have been married maybe 27 or 28 years now and my mom hates rocky 4 (i think it was 4) becaues my dad took a girl to it before he had even met my mom :lol:

So how did it turn out? I always loved it when my husband showed up at work unannounced - with or without flowers/presents/lunch/whatever. He gave me a single long stemmed yellow rose on our 1st date & 23 years later that's all I need. Just one.

Latest posts