Valentines

Help Support CattleToday:

My old neighbor (older than me anyway) told me this evening that he walked in their bathroom this morning and his wife was standing in front of the mirror smearing a bunch of white goop on her face and asked what the heck was she doing?.
"It's a facial mask and I'm making myself beautiful for you on Valentines Day."

He walked out but came back in later, as she was wiping it all off with a towel and he asked

"What's the matter...ya give up?"

that's when the fight started

Mine has been home sick with the flu since Monday, but I got her roses, a card, her favorite candy ( Lindor white chocolate) and fixed her supper ( like I have all week). But, at least I didn't have to go out and eat. I fixed shrimp, lobster, scallops and crab legs, Which I will be eating on the next 2 days. She didn't have much of an appetite. We will have our 15 yr anniversary this April, if we are still together, She is getting kinda long in the tooth...will be 62 in March, so I am thinking I may have to cull her before much longer! :eek:

Took the old girl and our crew out for cordon blue special at local eatery. The girls all got chocolates too.

Took the old girl and our crew out for cordon blue special at local eatery. The girls all got chocolates too.
I just always assumed (from your pictures) that you (and Silver and the cattleman out near Fairbanks)) lived so far out in the middle of no where that any eatery would be hundreds of Kilometers away..

No matter what, I suppose it was good to have an excuse to get away for awhile

Mine has been home sick with the flu since Monday, but I got her roses, a card, her favorite candy ( Lindor white chocolate) and fixed her supper ( like I have all week). But, at least I didn't have to go out and eat. I fixed shrimp, lobster, scallops and crab legs, Which I will be eating on the next 2 days. She didn't have much of an appetite. We will have our 15 yr anniversary this April, if we are still together, She is getting kinda long in the tooth...will be 62 in March, so I am thinking I may have to cull her before much longer! :eek:
Reminds me of a "running joke" with my parents... When mom hit 50 dad said he was going to have to trade her in on 2, 25 yr olds... mom said go ahead, and you'll die of a heart attack and I will be free to find some nice young man who will appreciate me... he promptly was quiet... at 60 went through the whole thing with 2, 30 yr olds and mom said " you will never be able to keep up with them... She deteriorated into dementia/alzheimers and lost her in June 2021 at 88 and he took care of her with caregivers right to the end, he left us in Sept 2021... at 87; don't think he wanted to live without her, but I can think of things like that and smile...
He always made sure she got remembered on the different holidays.... and she, him.

I just always assumed (from your pictures) that you (and Silver and the cattleman out near Fairbanks)) lived so far out in the middle of no where that any eatery would be hundreds of Kilometers away..

No matter what, I suppose it was good to have an excuse to get away for awhile
23 miles to the wide spot on the highway.

FarmerJan, There's a lot to that "you won't be able to keep up" thing.
The age difference between wife and I, at my current age don't make much difference anymore, but when I was already in my 40s and she in her 20s it made a LOT of difference and I'd be lyin if i didn't say I was kinda glad when she slowed down some... regarding a lot of things.

Latest posts