I saw the sweetest Valentines Day couple today . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Had to run to the local Fred Meyer today at lunch, to pick up a card for the LOML. There was a spot right out in the front of the store, bordering the sidewalk, but I had to wait for several people to cross before I could pull in.

And there was this old couple -- OLD couple -- walking in front my of my car! They doddered and tottered so slowly over the pedestrian crossing, her clinging tightly to one of his arms, while his other arm held a huge bouquet of roses! I almost wept. :)

Growing old together is something to strive toward. I'm assuming that was his wife and not his girlfriend. ;-)

Jogeephus":1bsmxw2w said:
Growing old together is something to strive toward. I'm assuming that was his wife and not his girlfriend. ;-)
I assumed it was his very elderly wife. But if she is no longer sharing his life, then a GF would be fine. Happy Valentine's Day! :heart:

CP and Iso -- You guys are shyts. I hope you get NOTHING for Valentine's Day. And if you do, that your special person(s) is/are :frowns: snickering as you're awarded.

Kathie in Thorp":2b9zdrqv said:
CP and Iso -- You guys are shyts. I hope you get NOTHING for Valentine's Day. And if you do, that your special person(s) is/are :frowns: snickering as you're awarded.
Kathie, I actually thought your story was sweet. However I thought CP was funny. I WILL laugh and enjoy myself no matter what you or anyone else thinks. I had you pegged from the start....corn cob firmly up your nosey azz, miserable, controlling, and want everyone else to be miserable because you just can't be happy. Your post was unwarranted, and you are so controlling that you take it personally when someone steers your thread in a direction you don't like.

I was Picking up a flat of flowers for my wife yesterday. She doesnt like the ones that will die. The checkout lady asked me if they were for my wife. I said yep. If this is all I have to do to make up for being me the rest of the year I'm happy.

Kathie in Thorp":ybjwfkhm said:
They doddered and tottered so slowly over the pedestrian crossing, her clinging tightly to one of his arms.
Whenever my sister see's this she always says "Gross. You'd think at their age they'd know how to hold their liquor..." or "They don't even like each other. They are not holding hands, they are holding themselves up."

Never fails to crack me up. :lol2:

Kathie in Thorp":3cb8r6fg said:
cow pollinater":3cb8r6fg said:
He was probably thinking something along the lines of "if THIS won't shut her up..."
I can't believe you said that . . . .
Relax, it's a joke. I actually have a bulb garden that was planted specifically to target Valentines Day so that no matter what the weather does I always have something in bloom. This year my wife and daughter both got big boquets of Ice Folly and Dutch Master dafodils with a few blue lupine mixed in that I grabbed at the ranch.
Fresh is soooo much sweeter than storebought.

cow pollinater":2syjoxxp said:
Kathie in Thorp":2syjoxxp said:
cow pollinater":2syjoxxp said:
He was probably thinking something along the lines of "if THIS won't shut her up..."
I can't believe you said that . . . .
Relax, it's a joke. I actually have a bulb garden that was planted specifically to target Valentines Day so that no matter what the weather does I always have something in bloom. This year my wife and daughter both got big boquets of Ice Folly and Dutch Master dafodils with a few blue lupine mixed in that I grabbed at the ranch.
Fresh is soooo much sweeter than storebought.
Nice. :D

angie":2m1h06bl said:
Kathie in Thorp":2m1h06bl said:
They doddered and tottered so slowly over the pedestrian crossing, her clinging tightly to one of his arms.
Whenever my sister see's this she always says "Gross. You'd think at their age they'd know how to hold their liquor..." or "They don't even like each other. They are not holding hands, they are holding themselves up."

Never fails to crack me up. :lol2:

She's cold hearted too? Does that just run in the family? :D :D

Now I think that is worthy of a response from you Angie. So don't go crawling back up in that closet and hiding out from the forum.

My GF has been out of the country for a couple weeks on business in SE Asia. She was arriving back yesterday morning. So I clean my house. Had flowers, a card, and present sitting on the table. A special dinner all planned and purchased. I am putting on the dog for Valentine's Day. And no GF showed up. No message. Nothing. Turns out she got bumped off her flight and was sitting in Manila. And they were having a typhon. She still isn't back. See if I go to that kind of effort next year.....

Dave":n7aup99s said:
My GF has been out of the country for a couple weeks on business in SE Asia. She was arriving back yesterday morning. So I clean my house. Had flowers, a card, and present sitting on the table. A special dinner all planned and purchased. I am putting on the dog for Valentine's Day. And no GF showed up. No message. Nothing. Turns out she got bumped off her flight and was sitting in Manila. And they were having a typhon. She still isn't back. See if I go to that kind of effort next year.....
It's not really her fault that your house is clean . . . . :)

Dave":11zf5xp3 said:
no good deed goes unpunished :cowboy:

A month or so ago my wife and I took a widowed couple out to eat on their first date together. It was really nice to see them hit off and listen to their conversation. Between them there was nearly 180 years of stories. What's funny is I thinked we have stoked some love embers because they are seeing each other quite steady now.

Latest posts