Valentines Day? Poll

Help Support CattleToday:

Are you doing anything for your sweetie on Valentines Day?

• 1. No, what a crock.

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • 2. Absolutely I am very romantic.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • 3. Everyday is Valentines Day in my home.

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

hillsdown

Reaction score
Are you going to do something special for your significant other this Thursday?

The only time I have ever gotten anything is the very first year we were together.
It was a Sunday and he went to a gas station and bought me 3 red roses ( i preserved them and still have them 14 years later).
I think the only reason he did it though was because my mother was visiting us ;we were making wedding arrangements and I think he was trying to impress her. ;-)
My how things change once you say "I do". :lol2: :lol2:

I do something special for her everyday. I let her stay married to me!

The Ag Expo wa last week and I got alot of lentil samples, a thermometer, pens & pencils, a pink pig and a swell key chain....I suppose that I'll have to get a card and flowers too.
Dmc

Susie David":fyee72qa said:
The Ag Expo wa last week and I got alot of lentil samples, a thermometer, pens & pencils, a pink pig and a swell key chain....I suppose that I'll have to get a card and flowers too.
Dmc

David, with all due respect, lentil samples won't replace tractor pull tickets. ;-)

Yep-- and since I have "oldtimers" disease- I called the flower shop up last week and put in my order, so they can deliver them on Valentines Day...
Makes the mood around the house much more pleasant :roll: ....
I used to buy her a rose for every year we were married on our anniversary- but after the price of roses got above $5 a piece- and the years started rolling past 30- she now just gets a vase with some kind of posies in it ;-)

I luv herfrds":ddumo5yv said:
Oh, I will be nice to him and not thump him. :lol:

ILH I had to clean my screen as I read your response incorrectly the first time.However my first thought was wow you are one crazy gal; your hubby must be smiling ALL the time. :banana: :banana: :lol:

hillsdown":qikykt51 said:
Are you going to do something special for your significant other this Thursday? . . .

The poll question was "Are you doing anything for your sweetie on Valentines Day?"

Which question do you want answered? :) :) :)

me and a friend are making cupcakes for our sweeties. :pretty:

being only 15 years old i would exactly call them our significant others. :lol:

dun":2xfv2dxs said:
I do something special for her everyday. I let her stay married to me!

That could be construed as cruel and unusual punishment.

I'm printing this one off and bringing it out to Mrs. dun on my next trip West, along with a brand new hot-shot!

Going to give her the same thing I give her every year. A kiss, and a I LOVE YOU and out the door. Of coarse I do this every day also. :D

well we have a very romantic day planned........were going over to the sale barn in sulpher springs. which is really fun to me, id rather do something like that than go and waste 50 bucks on supper somewhere where i dont feel comfortable in my jeans and cow poo boots. or spend as much for flowers that are going to die....gee i have a better success rate for keeping the calves alive than the roses....lol :heart:

samm

john250":2sjshtvx said:
Valentines Day. That can only mean it's time for the machinery show. Woooo-Hoooo.
http://www.farmmachineryshow.org/

Don't you dare take a date to a machinery show. The again, I kinda like that sort of thing...

Since the hub is living away from the home during the week, I will spend Valentine's day in the company of my son. He's still too young to date. It is a crock, except when I have a date, then it's wonderful.

Lammie":12rsxcl8 said:
john250":12rsxcl8 said:
Valentines Day. That can only mean it's time for the machinery show. Woooo-Hoooo.
http://www.farmmachineryshow.org/

Don't you dare take a date to a machinery show. The again, I kinda like that sort of thing...

There are lots of women at the show, and most of them look happy to be there.

Aren't farm shows great. They take care of Valentines Day and cabin fever. The problem this year I'm taking my son-in-law. Just in case I'll take the credi card and ckeckbook with me. Hey, I'll bring back a bag full of information on new rakes and balers etc.

ron

While talking with my womanfriend this morning, we both decided to skip Valentines Day this year. At our ages, remembering why we walk from one room to another is enough of a chore. Why do we want to complicate it by trying to remember to get each other a card or gift, or do something special.

Latest posts