Using Chantix to quit smoking

Help Support CattleToday:

Horticattleman":t0n7m82i said:
My dr. put me on Wellbutrin to stop smoking. It is an anti-depressant with a side effect that supposedly makes you quit. It didn't help me quit, but boy was I a happy guy!!!

Six or 8 years ago I got a script of Welbutrin. Caused sleeping problems and some "very minor" jerking in sleep. D/C'd that stuff fast. Tried Nicoderm patch several times...still smoked about 1/2 to 3/4 as much. Tired behavior modification many years ago...worked for 2-3 weeks.

Been smoking 50+ years...one of few "pleasures" I have left...lol. Yes...I'm seriously addicted to nicotine..."just saying 'No' in my case won't work...

Time will tell... :?:

Running Arrow Bill":fgcmua24 said:
Six or 8 years ago I got a script of Welbutrin. Caused sleeping problems and some "very minor" jerking in sleep. D/C'd that stuff fast. Tried Nicoderm patch several times...still smoked about 1/2 to 3/4 as much. Tired behavior modification many years ago...worked for 2-3 weeks.

Been smoking 50+ years...one of few "pleasures" I have left...lol. Yes...I'm seriously addicted to nicotine..."just saying 'No' in my case won't work...

I'm in the same boat but it's a lot closer to 60 years. I've accepted that I'm a social outcast. But with todays society I'm thinking that isn;t much of a price to pay.

dun":1dhvzgtm said:
Running Arrow Bill":1dhvzgtm said:

I'm in the same boat but it's a lot closer to 60 years. I've accepted that I'm a social outcast. But with todays society I'm thinking that isn;t much of a price to pay.

Yep..."smokers" are now the Lepers of society...esp. since the beginning of the 1980's... Tough...if someone doesn't like smoke, well, stay "upwind"!

Someone once said, "if you smoke it will take 10 years off of your life..."

Ok...BUT, don't those years come off the END (and not the middle)? ;-)

Nice thing about living in the country on your own place...

Your "world" is a smoke filled bar, large restroom, no city smog to endanger your health...lol.

"Light em if ya gotta em!" Git er done!

When I quit I used the patch, several boxes of toothpicks, bags of candy, alot of gum, ect. Needed something to replace the habit of holding cigarettes between my fingers and mouth. Have not smoked in 15 years. :banana: (The down side) :( I gained about 80 Lbs, have high blood presure, high cholesterol, and high sugar. Taking all kinds of medication. :( I find it harder to stay on a diet than it was to quit smoking. I felt better when I smoked. Replaced one bad habit with another, eating to much.

ROCKSPRINGS said:
I felt better when I smoked. Replaced one bad habit with another, eating to much.[/quote

The up side being that you can now live longer feeling bad.]

Latest posts