A grass question, country moved to town type..

Help Support CattleToday:

I wouldn't pick 'em up (and don't for all the front and side yard and 1/2 the back yard) if it weren't for the pool area. I'm not required to pick em up, just required to put 'em in paper bags and set by the curb by themselves instead being thrown in the regular trash cans. They get picked up by a different truck. I put some in the regular can once, and got a nastygram from the city. The pick up is automated with a hydro/mechanical arm but the driver/operator watches what comes out of the can thru a video camera. The garbage man never gets his hands dirty nowadays. The lawn clipping/big limbs truck is similar, with a clamshell bucket that picks up the bags and limbs. Then there is a different truck that picks up the green can that has only metals and certain plastics etc in it. (they don't 'recycle' glass, cloth or paper stuff here.)
LOL... I got a nastygram for putting the can out backwards, with the handles facing the road. Why? Because once in the almost fourteen years we've been here they used an automated truck that unloads the can with a mechanical arm. It's easier for the men when they unload the can to have the handles toward the road... but because of the unlikely possibility that they might unload with the automated truck they require the can be placed in a less comfortable position for the human beings. Who am I to point this out? Now I follow the rules and laugh.

Assuming that they compost the leaves and chip/compost the branches etc so, NO you can't use plastic bags to bag the leaves.
Don't have any good ideas about the grass clippings near the pool except to maybe be able to mow with them always discharging away from the pool direction?

Latest posts