USDA label

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5":cmp8b56v said:
LCCattle":cmp8b56v said:
M-5":cmp8b56v said:
Current Ad at the grocery store I shop at and the company I worked for.

notice anything strange ???
After clicking on it to enlarge it those chicks below the meat made my mouth water!

But that's not the point.
The point is, the public has the right to know what USDA grade they are buying regardless of your taste, preference or pocketbook or theirs and it is more proof there is a USDA system already in place to accomplish USDA labeling of all beef. The only thing needed is for the USDA to make labeling mandatory for all beef, which I am in favor of, which would let the free market system work so beef prices could go up.

That's where your ignorant to the process. The company (grocery store) only uses it to promote their beef. The government has no business telling anyone how to do business. The public can get stores to do label it! if they do not then the consumer can go elsewhere where they do. that is the free market system. You need to read the governments role in the constitution. Its a sad life you lead when you have to be told what is good for you by someone else.

You sure can't spell it out any more clear than that dash. This fella just doesn't get it. Doesn't want to even acknowledge the reality. Several folks have stated it several different ways, but he just keeps pushing on, without even addressing the facts. Might as well be pizzin in the wind.

If the grade was specified, you would have to have customers that cared and even harder, customers that knew the difference. The majority still shop with their wallet.

M-5":9xhmibd5 said:
LCCattle":9xhmibd5 said:
M-5":9xhmibd5 said:
Current Ad at the grocery store I shop at and the company I worked for.

notice anything strange ???
After clicking on it to enlarge it those chicks below the meat made my mouth water!

But that's not the point.
The point is, the public has the right to know what USDA grade they are buying regardless of your taste, preference or pocketbook or theirs and it is more proof there is a USDA system already in place to accomplish USDA labeling of all beef. The only thing needed is for the USDA to make labeling mandatory for all beef, which I am in favor of, which would let the free market system work so beef prices could go up.

That's where your ignorant to the process. The company (grocery store) only uses it to promote their beef. The government has no business telling anyone how to do business. The public can get stores to do label it! if they do not then the consumer can go elsewhere where they do. that is the free market system. You need to read the governments role in the constitution. Its a sad life you lead when you have to be told what is good for you by someone else.
That's the most intelligent post I've seen you make.
Thank you, and thank you for finally answering my question.
Didn't say I agree with you, but at least you were on topic for a change.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

Just sayin'.

dun":14pmbe2t said:
If the grade was specified, you would have to have customers that cared and even harder, customers that knew the difference. The majority still shop with their wallet.
And they still can shop with their wallet. All they need to do is look at the price not the USDA label. Then if that grade doesn't satisfy their palette, they can move up a grade. If they can't afford that grade they can move down a grade. Or they can do the same to satisfy their palette.

As for education the public, it won't take them long to decide what grade suits both their palette and their wallet. Have you not heard the health conscious people demanding to know the quality of their food? There's probable a dozen special interest groups out there beating down the door of the USDA. ( GMO, lean meat people, PETA, animal rights, grass fed, pasture fed, grain fed, organic, all natural, no hormones, no steroids, no medications, etc etc.

M-5":sf2607id said:
I've explained it six ways to Sunday on several threads. I'm only trying to get to your level on thE other post.
M – 5.
My position is, I think there should be a USDA label on all beef sold in the US instead of just private labels that use deceit and deception to sell their product only. I truly believe that this is what most people want. I also believe all imported beef should have a label stating Imported with the country of origin. Now I and others have shown the system is already in place through the USDA so cost should be minimal. So I don't see why we shouldn't give our consumers what they want and increase both our image and market share.
Do you have any other reasons you are against USDA labeling all beef.

I'm against the government mandating it. If consumers are to freaking stupid to know what they are buying they deserve it. If people wanted it they would demand the stores do it. Your misguided view that .gov needs to insure ignorance is covered shows you are one of them.30 yrs ago people did not have technology today they have it at there finger tips. But they are to consumed with somebody done them wrong and gimmie gimmie gimmie. We have the safest food in the world and if gov gets involved they will eff it up. Now move on to something else.

No to more government mandates. It's already regulated and consumer recourse already exits.
We have a Consumer Protection Agency if consumer believes they have been wronged and state Attorney General
if they believe they have been robbed.

LCCattle":1q0aozeh said:
M-5":1q0aozeh said:
I've explained it six ways to Sunday on several threads. I'm only trying to get to your level on thE other post.
M – 5.
My position is, I think there should be a USDA label on all beef sold in the US instead of just private labels that use deceit and deception to sell their product only. I truly believe that this is what most people want. I also believe all imported beef should have a label stating Imported with the country of origin. Now I and others have shown the system is already in place through the USDA so cost should be minimal. So I don't see why GOVERNMENT shouldn't give our consumers what they want and increase both our image and market share.

There, i fixed it for you.

LCCattle":1fzdlnzo said:
M-5":1fzdlnzo said:
M – 5.
My position is, I think there should be a USDA label on all beef sold in the US instead of just private labels that use deceit and deception to sell their product only. I truly believe that this is what most people want. I also believe all imported beef should have a label stating Imported with the country of origin. Now I and others have shown the system is already in place through the USDA so cost should be minimal. So I don't see why we shouldn't give our consumers what they want and increase both our image and market share.

We already tried that. The GOVERNMENT caved and did away with it after getting heat from Mexico and Canada, and the ruling from the WTO. So you can believe all you want, doesn't mean it's gonna happen! Consumers DID NOT want it, or else they would've raised more heck about it when Congress put it on the chopping block! All these things you keep stating like they're facts, are NOT! Argh!!! :deadhorse: :bang: :deadhorse: :bang:

ricebeltrancher":1zsun8s3 said:
LCCattle":1zsun8s3 said:
M-5":1zsun8s3 said:
M – 5.

We already tried that. The GOVERNMENT caved and did away with it after getting heat from Mexico and Canada, and the ruling from the WTO. So you can believe all you want, doesn't mean it's gonna happen! Consumers DID NOT want it, or else they would've raised more heck about it when Congress put it on the chopping block! All these things you keep stating like they're facts, are NOT! Argh!!! :deadhorse: :bang: :deadhorse: :bang:
I don't know what news stations you listen to but the ones I listen to are all reporting after Nov. there is a good chance NAFTA will be on the chopping block along with the WTO. The consumers didn't want Obee Care either, but they still got it, now didn't they. And if it goes the other way, then you can expect the entire cattle industry to be totally indentured servants within 4 years like the rest of US industries.. If you want to remain in the cattle business you will be forced to borrow money to stay in business. Therefore you will be forced to go along to get along. When you need money the only place you will be able to get it is from the government. If it goes the other way, every special interest group will get what they want to influence their vote in Nov, 4 years later. with 8 years of the same old same old, this US house of cards can do nothing buy collapse and you will no customers.
Unless of course you are willing to leave the country like many US corporations have already done and are still doing.
The hand writing is on the wall my friend and if we get a chance, we cattlemen need to go for the gold ring and not keep our head in the sand and only hope things get better.
So if you are fine with things as they are with the USDA, do you have and other areas where we can try to regain market share?

"When you need money the only place you will be able to get it is from the government."

??? How did you reach this conclusion?

Doom and gloom! Maybe I'm too much of a sunshine pumper, but I know there are a lot of people in higher places than I am fighting for the things that are important to our industry. If things get to be as bad as you suggest, I'm pretty sure we'll have more important things to worry about than all of our customers disappearing in a puff of smoke! For the record, I think the USDA is a joke and full of crooks, always trying to strong arm us into filling out their surveys, and the WTO is just plain dangerous. For the time being, we will continue plugging away, trying to improve our herd and add value whenever, wherever, and however we can. Diversifying too, if we have the opportunity. I really hope Trump gets in there and does a good, old-fashioned turnaround. Cleans shop, fixes everything, and gets it back up and running again. He's our only hope at this point.

Also for the record, I listen to AFR. I encourage anyone needing some encouragement to do the same. We could all use some, for sure!

ricebeltrancher":1qao0snj said:
Doom and gloom! Maybe I'm too much of a sunshine pumper, but I know there are a lot of people in higher places than I am fighting for the things that are important to our industry. If things get to be as bad as you suggest, I'm pretty sure we'll have more important things to worry about than all of our customers disappearing in a puff of smoke! For the record, I think the USDA is a joke and full of crooks, always trying to strong arm us into filling out their surveys, and the WTO is just plain dangerous. For the time being, we will continue plugging away, trying to improve our herd and add value whenever, wherever, and however we can. Diversifying too, if we have the opportunity. I really hope Trump gets in there and does a good, old-fashioned turnaround. Cleans shop, fixes everything, and gets it back up and running again. He's our only hope at this point.

Also for the record, I listen to AFR. I encourage anyone needing some encouragement to do the same. We could all use some, for sure!
Amen brother. But I'm putting together a plan B just in case.

ricebeltrancher":1bmkdgcn said:

AFR is the only station on in the truck or tractor.
Really like what they all have to say on AFR. Just wish they had a TV news station.

Latest posts