Updated Cattle pics

Help Support CattleToday:

kiku_fs

Reaction score
Yes, I'm still alive! Ok, here are some new cattle pics and some updated ones of the calves and i'm going to be brave and put up the bulls again, sooo...i dont care what u say about the bulls, they are good for our operatiion! So there!
Ok, here are the pics.

Here are our bulls, Coldspring,
coldspring12.jpg

And Fireball,
fireball19.jpg

fireball20.jpg

And here are our calves, charx angus first, the first 4 are females,
Luna, 8 months old
luna16.jpg

Bullet, 8 months old
bullet15.jpg

Fiona, 7 months old
fiona12.jpg

Stardust, 7 months old
stardust15.jpg

And our only bull calf, Steel, 2 months old
steel3.jpg

Ok, and here are our Black Angus/Commercial calves.

Axel, 6 months old, bull calf
axel11.jpg

Domino, 1 month, bull calf
domino41.jpg

LaRose, 1 month old, female calf
larose3.jpg

These next calves are out of a black limo bull, and all out of black bauldie cows.

Sprinkle, 3 months old, female calf
sprinkle5.jpg

Dot, 1 month, female calf
dot1.jpg

Flower, about 8 months old, female calf
flower5.jpg

Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:45 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kiku_fs wrote:
Ok, and here are our Black Angus/Commercial calves.

Axel, 6 months old, bull calf

I've never seen a real live purple cow
....."I never hope to see one!
but I can tell you anyhow,
I'd rather see - than be one!"

DOC HARRIS

I've made it known more than once that I don't know enough about conformation to make an intelligent comment when it comes to older calves on up. However, I know what I like when it comes to younger calves...and I like Dot, Steele, Domino and LaRose. I think they're really nice animals.

Alice

Alice":9ukugkvu said:
I've made it known more than once that I don't know enough about conformation to make an intelligent comment when it comes to older calves on up. However, I know what I like when it comes to younger calves...and I like Dot, Steele, Domino and LaRose. I think they're really nice animals.

Alice

Is Fireball a Tarentaise? I'd love to get a Tarentaise bull to try over our various breeds. Your females look OK but the bulls are a bit light in condition.I would want my bulls in better condition to go out and serve 50 to 60 cows and get them in calf. Has you Summer been tough?
Colin

Australian Cattleman":1grhzxqt said:
Is Fireball a Tarentaise? I'd love to get a Tarentaise bull to try over our various breeds. Your females look OK but the bulls are a bit light in condition.I would want my bulls in better condition to go out and serve 50 to 60 cows and get them in calf. Has you Summer been tough?
Colin

Fireball is a tarentaise. :D :D

kiku_fs":3doejjml said:
well, i would like to know your opinions, but this time im just not gonna start fussin back and forth with ppl,
These are just as sorry as the pics that you have posted in the past.

I know you say that your bulls are working for your operation, I would say that they aren't working. Your calves all could use more back end and all around better growth. I don't understand why you fight the idea of getting different bulls. You would make all your money back and more, and I can honestly say that after seeing what you have produced.

I really hate to say it, but those Bulls should have been Steered and hung from a Meat Hook, headed to a Grocery Store. How can you afford to NOT spend some money on real Genetics? Hobby or not, you have very little future.

You might want to quit while you're ahead.That's some sorry ass stock.

Our bulls are only on like 12 cows each, but we dont feed them suppliments.
Our summer has been dry, but we have got a lot of rain too. It's like this, it rains like one day a week sometime, and then stops for a few weeks, or it rains for a week, and waits a month...but, it hasn't been that bad.[/quote]

Is there a certain reason you don't supplement? I mean I don't creep feed or anything but I do believe in keeping cows in top shape for reliable production and to keep those claves growing when coditions aren't great. Our cows are not where i want them to be but they don't look horrible. Your bulls are aren't in bad shape but a little bit of feed would make them look better as well as get them in shape for the winter months.. I have a neighbor that will not supplement and the buzzards love his place, :mad: [/quote]