Updated Cattle pics

Help Support CattleToday:

I stated it before and I will say it again. Those Bulls need feed. I understand if you don't have the money to go out a buy a super herd bull. Bet why not take them to the sale barn and you could take that money to AI and use bulls that are worth $50,000 + for $40 or under. You can have someone AI them if you don't k now how and you would be ahead. You would have extra money from the bull sale and have more animal to sell at selling time with better genetics. We are not being hard on you but giving you advice. You need to replace those bulls

Suggestion: Avail yourself of the opportunity of observing, viewing, seeing, and studying a rather LARGE group of Beef cattle, either by RFD-TV auctions, or request some catalogs, or subscribe to the Angus or Hereford or Red Angus or Simmental Breed magazines - and really study them. Get a MENTAL picture of Bulls and Cows with Excellent Phenotype (that means what they LOOK like) in your mind. Let those pictures burn in your subconcious mind so that when you see a live animal OR a picture you are able to say, "THAT is GREAT!" - or - "That is TERRIBLE!!" - and really know why you feel that way! It is a form of self-hypnosis in regard to really feeling what an animal looks like. At that point, YOU will be able to know and understand what and why a particular animal is good or not worth a second look!

You said that you would really like to know our opinions. The above comments are my opinions - along with the fact that I think you are wasting good and valuable time, money, and effort attempting to raise mostly junk. If you will educate yourself in the manner that I suggested in the previous paragraph - you will be well aware of why most of us on the forum here keep telling you that you are NOT using good genetics and therefore wasting your time and losing money.
An acceptable beef animal is just as easy (easier, actually) to produce to a profit for you than a scrub or lousy quality one. A fine quality animal will make more money on the same feed and effort expended than a poor quality animal. That is not just talk and words - it is FACT. If it were not a fact, breeders would NOT spend time and money seeking the BEST breeding stock that they can find.

Study and Learn! Indoctrinate yourself with images and templates of quality animals, and THEN learn WHY they are more desirable than the stuff you are showing on these posts. If I didn't think that you could LEARN and IMPROVE YOUR BEEF CATTLE KNOWLEDGE - I would not take the time to write these notes to you.

My earnest advice to you and, really to almost every producer who raises Beef Cattle is: DON'T BE BARN BLIND! In other words - don't think that you have great cattle just because they are yours! If they are good - they are good! If they are crap - they are CRAP! Learn to recognize the difference.

DOC HARRIS

I will probly get an ear full for asking. :oops: Would the black bull look O.K. if he were fed more? Just trying to learn, what all do you see wrong with him? I don't like the red one he looks like a runt or something.

RAWCJW":3llk2tyq said:
I will probly get an ear full for asking. :oops: Would the black bull look O.K. if he were fed more? Just trying to learn, what all do you see wrong with him? I don't like the red one he looks like a runt or something.

My opinion only - even if fed, has lost his possibility for his potential.... that being said, I don't like him, because he is narrow and fine boned, his potential for improving cattle is nil.

mitchwi":1qiqprl9 said:
RAWCJW":1qiqprl9 said:

My opinion only - even if fed, has lost his possibility for his potential.... that being said, I don't like him, because he is narrow and fine boned, his potential for improving cattle is nil.
So is this what you would call a feminine bull ? Just curious.

Joy in Texas":1f8ps6c7 said:
So is this what you would call a feminine bull ? Just curious.
This is known as an inferior bull. Could be called junk or scrub. Should have been castrated when born, but not to late to castrate him now so he doesn't spread his genetics any more than he already has.

Not the best I've seen, but I don't think they're as bad as some on here are making them out to be. It's also hard to give a 100% opinion on one side view.

RAWCJW":2mrlfy33 said:
RAWCJW- Check your PM. I answered your questions here in great depth, however I suppose because I mentioned some "Businesses" or perhaps a "Television" program, my post here was deleted from being printed. I forgot that we cannot 'advertise', so I PM'd you.

DOC HARRIS

Hmm-m-m-m-m - my mistake! I guess my previous post WASN'T deleted! I must be getting ol - I mean - uh - er -eh - -I just can't say the word!

DOC

la4angus":2slv6qr4 said:
kiku_fs":2slv6qr4 said:
well, i would like to know your opinions, but this time im just not gonna start fussin back and forth with ppl,
These are just as sorry as the pics that you have posted in the past.

Don't hold back! Say what you really think! Do you have to be so mean? :p

kiku_fs":1ie15dv7 said:
Yes, I'm still alive! Ok, here are some new cattle pics and some updated ones of the calves and i'm going to be brave and put up the bulls again, sooo...i dont care what u say about the bulls, they are good for our operatiion! So there!
Ok, here are the pics.

Here are our bulls, Coldspring,
coldspring12.jpg

And Fireball,
fireball19.jpg

fireball20.jpg

And here are our calves, charx angus first, the first 4 are females,
Luna, 8 months old
luna16.jpg

Bullet, 8 months old
bullet15.jpg

Fiona, 7 months old
fiona12.jpg

Stardust, 7 months old
stardust15.jpg

And our only bull calf, Steel, 2 months old
steel3.jpg

I would like to know where you got your Tarentaise bull.

Schnurrbart":eyqwg6o8 said:
I would like to know where you got your Tarentaise bull.
f I had to guess where she got the Tarentaise bull, I would say from a salebarn somewheres. He should have been steered when he was a young calf.

Schnurrbart":20hdzccy said:
la4angus":20hdzccy said:
kiku_fs":20hdzccy said:
well, i would like to know your opinions, but this time im just not gonna start fussin back and forth with ppl,
These are just as sorry as the pics that you have posted in the past.

Don't hold back! Say what you really think! Do you have to be so mean? :p

Being mean would be saying to her like many of the first posters did that her cattle are great looking. That does not help her.

Both bulls are light muscled and no good. She needs to get good stock and start over. :)

DOC HARRIS":2jptl2po said:
Do you have to be so mean?
Schnurrbart - In this particular case and with this particular person - YES!

DOC HARRIS

Hey, Doc, my question wasn't pointed at you. Didn't think your response was mean. I don't know the gentleman with the bulls but I do think criticism should be constructive in nature. I'm disappointed with the looks of his Tarentaise bull for sure because I think they are beautiful animals and very good for the cattle industry. He also told me where he got the bull and that surprised me as I have been there and most of the animals I saw were very good. He shows in Denver and has won several awards there.