When buying registered cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

How about a reg Char cow that is bred? How does one get the calf registered when it arrives? Those 7 reg red char heifers that were bred, the seller was gonna transfer their papers, but I don't recall what he said about how to register those calves when they are born. Originally the man that bought 4 of them was gonna use them in his Gert x Herf, in lieu of Herefords. And the 3 Clay bought he was intending on AI-ing them to sexed for male, black Herf semen. Now they have both decided to use sexed for female red Char semen. Probably what they should do is join the association themselves, huh? Since they are gonna produce reg red Char heifers each year?
There is a section on the paper that is filled out at transfer about the service sire of the cow it should include bull name and registration number and if I remember right the exposure dates or breeding date if it was AI service.

There is a section on the paper that is filled out at transfer about the service sire of the cow it should include bull name and registration number and if I remember right the exposure dates or breeding date if it was AI service.
OK. so the seller probably did it for the calves they are carrying now, Clay and the other dude will have to do it for the ones next year, since the cows will be in their name by then? Makes sense.

OK. so the seller probably did it for the calves they are carrying now, Clay and the other dude will have to do it for the ones next year, since the cows will be in their name by then? Makes sense.
Yes who ever is in possession of the cow or heifer at time of breeding would be the one to fill out the breeding information.

Latest posts