Trump returning public lands in Utah

Help Support CattleToday:

I believe the media propaganda has divided us as much if not more so since the civil war.
There is 24 hours a day of opinion to ones leanings not news.
Critical thinking doesn't fit in today's society.

The problem started when the US of A declared it's independence from England. Everyone in this country that was loyal to England needed killing or shipped back. We wouldn't have the spineless liberals to worry about today.

True Grit Farms":1uefq3vu said:
The problem started when the US of A declared it's independence from England. Everyone in this country that was loyal to England needed killing or shipped back. We wouldn't have the spineless liberals to worry about today.

Well. I am glad my ancestors were of German descent.

True Grit Farms":2wyl5kk9 said:

Wow, Grit, way to show some restraint.

Bestoutwest":1asjj7am said:
True Grit Farms":1asjj7am said:

Wow, Grit, way to show some restraint.

He provides affirmation of CB's comment which is spot on. There is not critical or constructive thought in Vince's comment. It is strictly rhetoric. What useful comes from that announcement?

Rafter S":3rrlu2r9 said:
Bestoutwest":3rrlu2r9 said:
Rafter S":3rrlu2r9 said:
Because they can't stop pointing fingers long enough to work together to get something done.

These last two posts are spot on. We need both sides to keep one side from hoarding too much from the public coffers and the other from taking too much to put in those same coffers. But they need to work together. Until that happens, we're all going to suffer.

I know we aren't supposed to get too heavily into politics here, and I don't want to cross that line, but does anyone know when or why Congress got so partisan? I know there have been political parties going back to George Washington (although if I recall my history lessons he didn't belong to one), but they used to not vote strictly on party lines like they usually do now. I seem to remember it starting about the time Newt Gingrich was speaker of the House, but I'm not sure. (And I'm not bashing him. I usually lean way to the conservative side of politics, although I don't blindly follow any party.)

I've read about the Civil War politics and it was the same then. It might have improved, but things are cyclical. Like CB, I agree the media is doing nothing to help it. CNN is wholeheartedly against Trump, and Fox News is wholeheartedly against anything considered liberal. Facebook is being manned by crazy Russians successfully fooling anyone willing to believe what they read online from groups that have a similar belief system, and then we have others who only believe what comes out of Trump's mouth and everything else is 'fake news.' It's a scary world we live in.

HDRider":3ddquzzw said:
Fake news is real

Perception is reality.

The National Council for Excellence in Critical Thinking defines critical thinking as an "intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action." The process tends to help us judge and evaluate situations based on understanding the related data, analyze it, build a clear understanding of the problem, choose the proper solution, and take actions based on the established solution.

Analyzing and synthesizing information gathered via communication becomes a real challenge in today's climate. Takes tremendous time and effort to process truth from fiction.

Caustic Burno":xh037scn said:
I believe the media propaganda has divided us as much if not more so since the civil war.
There is 24 hours a day of opinion to ones leanings not news.
Critical thinking doesn't fit in today's society.
I totally agree. There is no news anymore. And, although a lot of people weren't happy about Obama getting elected, I believe that the conservative news channels were civil those 8 years. Maybe not positive, but, they stayed civil. What the libs don't understand is most of what was spread about Obama was from the internet. And since it was aired there, it could have come from anyone anywhere in the world, which I know it did most times. They've confused how they learned idiotic things said about Obama, and since the libs pretty much control everything we see on TV, they've taken their 'oh yeah' lash backs on the airwaves. From news shows, to comedy acts, to commercials spewing lies, news exaggerations, and disrespect....You can not pull up a single SNL and see something compared what is done to Trump, or Bush, specially Barbara Bush to Obama. They may have had one skit around him, but it was to make fun of a conservative... Its a shame and i'm glad to see many now being called out the hypocrite they are.. couldn't stand Franken...his fall made me smile most of all....

True Grit Farms":1umjsqk1 said:
I was just pointing out a fact, same as I did about diesel fuel. It doesn't matter to me what or how y'all think, the fact is I'm right.
So we should have shot two million "loyalist" behind the ear. Doesn't sound productive to me.

bball":1sijik44 said:
HDRider":1sijik44 said:
Fake news is real

Perception is reality.

The National Council for Excellence in Critical Thinking defines critical thinking as an "intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action." The process tends to help us judge and evaluate situations based on understanding the related data, analyze it, build a clear understanding of the problem, choose the proper solution, and take actions based on the established solution.

Analyzing and synthesizing information gathered via communication becomes a real challenge in today's climate. Takes tremendous time and effort to process truth from fiction.
Like I said, fake news is real

The reason this country is divided like it is, is because of the loyalists towards England. That's a lot of wasted bullets, maybe having them swim back to England wluld of been the ticket.

HDRider":p0jcc2tt said:
bball":p0jcc2tt said:
HDRider":p0jcc2tt said:
Fake news is real

Perception is reality.

Like I said, fake news is real

I agree with you on this HD. My statement helps support why fake news is so effective..at least that was my intent.

What people perceive, in fact, becomes their reality..regardless if it's fake, objective, truth or falsehoods. This is why its vital to decelop effective critical thinking skills. Not sure if im explaining it appropriately.

HDRider":1smidlbs said:
Bright Raven":1smidlbs said:
bball":1smidlbs said:
Perception is reality.

The truth is not as much a force as the perception of the truth is.
I don't buy that BS. Real is real. Fake is fake. True is true. Right is right. Wrong is wrong.

Depends on who you are and your culture!

Christianity is a lie to a Muslim.
Islam is a lie to a Christian.
Eating pork is wrong to a Muslim.
Eating pork is right to a Christian.

You want me to go on? Those may not be good examples but you get the idea.

Reference:
Cultural Relativism is the view that moral or ethical systems, which vary from culture to culture, are all equally valid and no one system is really "better" than any other. This is based on the idea that there is no ultimate standard of good or evil, so every judgment about right and wrong is a product of society.

TexasBred":2wfcv21d said:
True Grit Farms":2wfcv21d said:
I was just pointing out a fact, same as I did about diesel fuel. It doesn't matter to me what or how y'all think, the fact is I'm right.
So we should have shot two million "loyalist" behind the ear. Doesn't sound productive to me.

It must be lonely in there.
Grit paranoia will kill you or drive you
crazy.

Caustic Burno":2ii7app2 said:
TexasBred":2ii7app2 said:
True Grit Farms":2ii7app2 said:

It must be lonely in there.
Grit paranoia will kill you or drive you
crazy.

You hit the nail on the head earlier. Don't get side tracked.

If its Jennifer Flower the media paints her as a tramp. If its someone else they want to accuse and cast doubt as a political candidate, they go the other way. All we really know is the picture the media paints. They've got too much influence and people buy in to their spin way to easily.

Latest posts