Truck seat question

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I'm looking at a little Nissan truck, to use as a beater. It's a single cab, when I sat in it, I felt like I was wearing it. There probably wasn't enough to room to move the seat back but another inch and a half. Has anybody ever taken the seat, and unbolted it, and slid it all the way back against the back of the cab? I didn't look under the seat to see what all it would take. I could probably weld some flat stock on the seat, and drill new holes in it. An inch and half ain't much, but it would be something.

Bigfoot":31ipjpn8 said:
I'm looking at a little Nissan truck, to use as a beater. It's a single cab, when I sat in it, I felt like I was wearing it. There probably wasn't enough to room to move the seat back but another inch and a half. Has anybody ever taken the seat, and unbolted it, and slid it all the way back against the back of the cab? I didn't look under the seat to see what all it would take. I could probably weld some flat stock on the seat, and drill new holes in it. An inch and half ain't much, but it would be something.

No, I haven't. I did have one of those little trucks. A Dodge Ram that I believe was made by Mitsubishi, bought new in 1985. When I sold it I swore I'd never have another one. It rode rough, and just driving it made me tired. Never again.

Not sure about the seat. Unless you are a great big ole boy you might get used to it after time. I am 6'2'' and have a single cab Tacoma for checking cows running for parts etc.. One of best things I have bought like a side by side but way more useful. In no time you will be use to it, I don't drive mine on any trips though.

My thought every time I here of someone wanting one of these, is it sure sounds dangerous to be in a truck that you feel like your wearing if you ever got hit. I know sevarel that have them, 2 different people I know that had rigs like this to drive to work or go short distances got hit in pretty common accident's by full size vehicles and both died.

We used to always put blocks under the front mounting brackets of the old bench seats. An inch or two there will tilt the seat back, makes it more comfortable, and sets you back a little. Doesn't do anything for leg room, but moves your body back from the steering wheel a bit, if that helps.

I finally decided to pass on it. My knees touched the dash, and my left leg was wedged between the door and steering wheel. I just wanted it to keep miles off of my big truck. I could do that by driving less, and save even more money :D

Glad to here it, you have 3 kids and a wife, not to mention your a heck of a nice guy that I call a good friend, I would hate getting that call about you like I did another friend that got killed in a little truck like that.

Of course any time you get on the road your taking a risk, but common sense says a full size truck should be safer than a go cart.

Latest posts