Tractor seat.

Help Support CattleToday:

That goes for all of them.

Go buy comparable repair parts for any of them and I will bet you money Deere is competitive or cheaper than most. On filters and things you use regularly Cat and Deere are usually cheaper than their competition. You also get the right part the first time usually in stock or the next day vs. 3-4 tries with NH and a 2 week wait. Parts for a Kubota will put you in cardiac arrest. I have owned them all and service and parts have turned everything I own with a motor and hydraulics Cat yellow and John Deere green. It is only expensive if it isn't worth it.

Most of that can be attributed to your dealers. I own a shop and service all colors be it farm, construction, forestry equipment. All the praises you have for JD parts are laughable with our "local" dealers. Their prices and availability make it almost seem like they don't want your business. Their filters are almost always 2x the cost of any other brand and I try to source other filters unless the customer specifically wants JD filters. Cat is nearly the same way "here".

Meanwhile the NH, Agco, Gehl, etc dealers are great and go above and beyond to help out. Parts prices and availability are as good as one could ask for.

I'll work on whatever color equipment customers bring thru my door. But all my personal equipment is NH blue/red or Gehl yellow.

Most of that can be attributed to your dealers. I own a shop and service all colors be it farm, construction, forestry equipment. All the praises you have for JD parts are laughable with our "local" dealers. Their prices and availability make it almost seem like they don't want your business. Their filters are almost always 2x the cost of any other brand and I try to source other filters unless the customer specifically wants JD filters. Cat is nearly the same way "here".

Meanwhile the NH, Agco, Gehl, etc dealers are great and go above and beyond to help out. Parts prices and availability are as good as one could ask for.

I'll work on whatever color equipment customers bring thru my door. But all my personal equipment is NH blue/red or Gehl yellow.
must be because I can buy OEM Deere or Cat filters cheaper than NAPA Gold here.

And here Napa/Wix are less than half the cost of a Deere filter.

Our "local" Deere and Cat dealer conglomerates seem to only be interested in selling/leasing brand new equipment and almost make you feel like parts are a burden to them.

I shouldn't say they are always half the cost. But in many cases they are. Sometimes a JD or Cat filter will be equally priced and usually that's when its an uncommon filter only used in select applications.

A while back my 3010 was in need of a seat, ended up buying a high back boat seat and a swivel base less than $100 and holding up good.

And here Napa/Wix are less than half the cost of a Deere filter.

Our "local" Deere and Cat dealer conglomerates seem to only be interested in selling/leasing brand new equipment and almost make you feel like parts are a burden to them.
This has been a few years back, but my neighbor the CIH dealer said he'd rather have 5 small guys than one big one. Small guys repair more and there's a good margin in parts. Big guys work the deal down where there's not much margin left many times.

This has been a few years back, but my neighbor the CIH dealer said he'd rather have 5 small guys than one big one. Small guys repair more and there's a good margin in parts. Big guys work the deal down where there's not much margin left many times.
Yup, big guys operate as a business while small guys base decisions on emotion and try to negotiate from a position of weakness .

I know two brothers that farm pretty big. They switched to Fendt equipment. Fendt has a 3yr "bumper to bumper" warranty. When the warranty is up they'll trade equipment.