Tractor seat.

Help Support CattleToday:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
JD 5500, seat was done last summer. JD dealer quoted $889.00 plus tax. Was in NH dealer last month and said something about it. Owner went and got exact same seat out of the back and looked up price. $269.00 plus tax.30168940-5B37-4002-8E4D-675BEE54ECCC.jpeg

And costs more every year to repair.
That goes for all of them.

Go buy comparable repair parts for any of them and I will bet you money Deere is competitive or cheaper than most. On filters and things you use regularly Cat and Deere are usually cheaper than their competition. You also get the right part the first time usually in stock or the next day vs. 3-4 tries with NH and a 2 week wait. Parts for a Kubota will put you in cardiac arrest. I have owned them all and service and parts have turned everything I own with a motor and hydraulics Cat yellow and John Deere green. It is only expensive if it isn't worth it.

JD 5500, seat was done last summer. JD dealer quoted $889.00 plus tax. Was in NH dealer last month and said something about it. Owner went and got exact same seat out of the back and looked up price. $269.00 plus tax.
Might be alright for Canada, but it'll never fly in Texas, 1/2 the Texans have their brains up their axx and would feel the difference. :)

p.s.
just kidding (2/3)

Last edited:
My HS auto shop teacher told us he went to a training session when he was working at a dealership. The instructor said someday all makes would look and perform the same, and service would be the selling point. My teacher thought it was BS at the time, but could see it coming true years later, and that's been 30 years ago now. The session instructor was right about cars and trucks, and it's going that way with farm machinery as well. No matter the make, service is the most important thing after the sale.

My HS auto shop teacher told us he went to a training session when he was working at a dealership. The instructor said someday all makes would look and perform the same, and service would be the selling point. My teacher thought it was BS at the time, but could see it coming true years later, and that's been 30 years ago now. The session instructor was right about cars and trucks, and it's going that way with farm machinery as well. No matter the make, service is the most important thing after the sale.
There is a particular brand of tractor I would really like to try out. But, there is not a dealership within 3 hours of me. So, I will stick with what I have.

There is a particular brand of tractor I would really like to try out. But, there is not a dealership within 3 hours of me. So, I will stick with what I have.
We're blessed and spoiled here, all big three dealers are in town. No grocery store but we have Case IH Deere and Agco plus NH and many short lines represented. Kubota dealer is 20 minutes away.

JD 5500, seat was done last summer. JD dealer quoted $889.00 plus tax. Was in NH dealer last month and said something about it. Owner went and got exact same seat out of the back and looked up price. $269.00 plus tax.View attachment 28656
Lost the pivot pin in my jd loader last month. 1" dia by 4" long with a cotter pin that fell out. Jd house wanted $47. Found a class 5 bolt and locking nut for $7.