Truck Air Bags

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Anyone here have any experience with adding aftermarket air bags to a ton truck?

I've got an '07 Dodge 3500 dual wheel that needs some more spring, it's softer than my single wheel Fords from the mid 90's and lurches when loaded heavy.

Specifics on brands and such would be appreciated.

Thanks.

x2

I have an air compressor and tank on my truck as well, and a valve to fill them up while I'm driving, works pretty good to re-aim your headlights!

Oh, I might add that you should reinforce the mounting brackets before you put them on, they like to bend out of shape

I have had better results with Super Springs than air bags. Check them out, also a lot easer to install.

We have ran air bags for yrs i have a set on wifes 3/4 dodge
Had a set on my 12 dodge and put a set on another 12 dodge
Hold on I will send you the link to the ones we have used for last 10 yrs
We order them off Amazon and I beleive they are airlift brand
Never had a y problems with the brackets on these either and we have pulled 10 of 1000s of miles loaded heavy with them

Thanks, guys. The Firestone and Airlift bags are the ones I've been looking at.

How do the compressors hold up? Say if I put a 3 gallon or so tank on board for some reserve to pump up tires?

Thanks again.

I prefer Timbren kits to air bags. Simple to install and then you are done. Had them on 2 pickups and didn't notice any difference in empty ride. With a Timbren kit there is no compressor to go bad, no air to leak, cheaper to buy, and zero maintenance. Had 10K rated Timbrens installed on 3/4 ton pickup that frequently hauled a 400 gallon water tank. :idea:

http://timbren.com

Latest posts