Thoughts on this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

For what it's worth I had a son of Tank. Good calves but he was scurred and of course I did have a few horns.

sorry - i am going to screw up this thread too.

Novatech - for someone who doesn't "have an ax to grind" in the horned/polled debate.... why do you stir the pot with comments like you did on this thread that got it going?

Herefords.US":1uzl4i9n said:
Hereford76":1uzl4i9n said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I know - but where are you using it so discriminately and why

Why?? Because it's $100 a straw, the last I heard of any actually selling.

George

George

OK - you answered why... care to answer the where part?

Not trying to start something - but have a pretty good guess what you are using the semen on and this is not directed at you George, but to me this is why i haven't found the polled genetics to go where i want to. there are so many breeders trying to breed that polled bull that will seal the deal and they are throwing in everything but the kitchen sink to do it. you guys say there is not enough homo poll genetics and i agree. i just wish there were more breeders sticking to their guns sort of speak with those cattle to seal the deal. you can also turn the tables just as easy but until then i will stick to my guns.

Hereford76":dep60xic said:
OK - you answered why... care to answer the where part?

Not trying to start something - but have a pretty good guess what you are using the semen on and this is not directed at you George, but to me this is why i haven't found the polled genetics to go where i want to. there are so many breeders trying to breed that polled bull that will seal the deal and they are throwing in everything but the kitchen sink to do it. you guys say there is not enough homo poll genetics and i agree. i just wish there were more breeders sticking to their guns sort of speak with those cattle to seal the deal. you can also turn the tables just as easy but until then i will stick to my guns.

OK!

I previously used 4 straws in an attempted flush - an older horned cow that I bought from the Harland dispersion, a CL 1 Domino 501 daughter. The flush was unsuccessful. I've got 6 straws left and I will probably use all of it on 3 polled daughters of my Keynote son, three full sisters out of a linebred Enforcer 107H cow....hoping for a herd bull prospect that I can use.

Here is the link to the oldest one's pedigree:
http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-b...56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=5A5D5C255923232125&9=535059

If I had some more Achiever semen, I would use it on one of my best cows, a HH Advance 492D daughter and also a number of my younger cattle that aren't already related to him back in their pedigree.

George

Was this a "straight up" sale? Or were proceeds for juniors or something where there could be the charitable angle.

Guess I better hold on to mine.

I hope AlexFarms is taking care of the few straws of mine he still has in his tank!

WichitaLineMan":1oxrekf7 said:
Was this a "straight up" sale? Or were proceeds for juniors or something where there could be the charitable angle.

I hope AlexFarms is taking care of the few straws of mine he still has in his tank!

I believe it was for the juniors or something - but that's not far from where the market is on it.

George

Hereford76":2bqqadlb said:

Novatech - for someone who doesn't "have an ax to grind" in the horned/polled debate.... why do you stir the pot with comments like you did on this thread that got it going?

I forgot about this thread and was wondering the same thing. :???:

My 2 cents. I like Starbuck. If I was to get serious about breeding functional Polled Herfs again, he would definitely be under consideration. It was unfortunate that his breeding didn't make a bigger impact in Canada. :cowboy:

WichitaLineMan":38dlvuiq said:

I have 8 straws of semen on the 8403 bull in my tank. If i ever get a tank going to Hawkeye they will be in it.

Aaron":nltj61na said:
Hereford76":nltj61na said:

I forgot about this thread and was wondering the same thing. :???:

My 2 cents. I like Starbuck. If I was to get serious about breeding functional Polled Herfs again, he would definitely be under consideration. It was unfortunate that his breeding didn't make a bigger impact in Canada. :cowboy:
Unlike others on here I make mistakes.
It only took you a month to come up with it.
If it will make you feel any better take another stab.

Latest posts